Advice regarding a former band member..

psycle_1

Jul 30, 2006
So I let our drummer (he's new to the band) use my drum kit since all he had was a Roland TD-4 setup. Dude proceeds to beat the living shit out of my set, cracking two of my cymbals. He says he'll pay for them... This was 2 months ago.

After discovering how much of a flake and a bum he is we decide to kick him out of the band. He still has his V-drums at the practice space (guitarist's house). Since he hadn't talked to me about squaring up with me about my cymbals after I told him how much cash I wanted to replace them for the past 2 months, I send him a text asking him to let me know his plans regarding payment for the cymbals he cracked.

My intention is to keep his V-drums until he pays for my shit because I honestly feel that if he has no incentive to pay me for the cymbals, he won't. Am I going about this the right way or what? The guy sold a car that was given to him in good faith, got kicked out of his place because he can't pay rent, etc... I told him my intentions and he flipped the fuck out. All he's worried about is getting his shitty v-drums back, blah blah blah. I flat out told him that he had more things to worry about aside from his damn drums (such as getting some form of transportation, finding a new place, etc). Dude's priorities in life are fucked.

Opinions/advice please.

No, I have no intentions of selling the kit. I'm not that much of a prick. Small claims court probably wouldn't do shit. I could honestly seeing him skip town to get out of that shit.