Got another F'ing job (and a cool one!)

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Guys,

After the thread I posted a few days ago telling about the job i got, I found out that another engineer quit his job on the best studio on the city. A buddy knew the onwer, so he talked about me to him, and today I went there to meet him. When i arrived there, the first thing this guy told me is that he only heard great things about me. So, basically, i got the job :headbang:

The studio is kinda big for brazilian standards, its also a music school with the best musicians available here, and there's all this great gear, APIS, neves, a cool mixing desk, Royers, Neumanns, a great room, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Besides, the money is great :headbang::headbang:

Holy shit dude, that fucking rules! Certainly better than working for the Brazillian bank :lol: Congrats! :kickass:

:headbang:

The only thing that makes me worried is that I will have to switch to Digital Performer (from Nuendo), and deal with brazilian popular music and pagode (a crappy pop samba variant) as those are the studio main clients. Not really the kind of stuff I am good. Rock music will be just ocasional recordings.

Other than that, i am very excited to switch from my bedroom home studio, to a full-sized-API-filled studio. The guy is also buying a summing box, and a Manley to do mastering stuff :headbang::headbang::headbang:

The studio onwer will also announce my (and the other engineer) hiring tonight on a tv show :headbang::headbang::headbang: :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Anyone uses Digital performer here ?

I have before.. So has Kazrog and James Murphy. All of us have switched to other hosts. Murphy to PT, Kazrog I think PT as well (or Cubase) and myself went back to Cubase (4). I'm sure there are a lot of other people here that have, but off the top of my head there is an answer. :) It's very similar to the way ProTools is laid out.

~006

How did you like it ? I kinda dislike how pro tools (le at least) is laid out, I much prefer Nuendo. Maybe I´ll try to convince the onwer to switch to Nuendo :heh: He insists in using DP due to MF that worked there before - he wanted and ´built´ everything around/for DP, if that makes ANY sense at all ehhe

DP is like a clone of PT, IMO. It is laid out almost identical and works basically the same way. I liked DP more than I liked PT, but that was only because I could work on projects without having to have an interface connected. Other than that, I didn't like it at all. I switched back to Cubase because it's more resource efficient, more intuitive (for me) and I like the way it is laid out and where things are. Cubase is the same thing as Nuendo, BTW, just Nuendo has more bells and whistles here and there, plus video editing features. Anything he has set up "built around DP" can just as easily be built around Nuendo/Cubase.

~006