Bryant appreciation thread...

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
...Oh no another one of these :D

I wish I know Bryant enough to write a nice eulogy. I can say that by his avatar he's plain ugly which makes me feel good, I still may have a chance with women after all :p

An old rocker from the old school. Unlike me he did the right thing got himself an electrig guitar and took some time and learn how to play (lyrics by?). In a sense Bryant is the alter ego that did what I always wanted, but was too lazy to accomplish. And even if he is straightforward in his speak, he's also humble and denies that he is a damn good guitar player!, and I bet my ass on it.

His post always reflect intelligent opinion, when he disagrees he does it in a gentle (but firm) way, he never insult anyone, get carried on by useless passion or diminish posters in any way.

If the rest of forums have more Bryants cyber-metal life will be much more peaceful and we truly make a good community.

So ladies and gents, please rise your glasses high. To Bryant.

Bryant is definitely one of the best ambassadors we could possible have for UM, and for metal in general - knowledgable, polite, respectful...and he does a beer-binge night once in a while - which makes him a king in my book...and he plays guitar as well, which is just gravy at this point...

The man is just flat-out super cool and someone I would jam with in a heartbeat...:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Bryant is my UM brother, my new Tad Morose crusader in law, my fellow Accept/Metal Church worshipper, and more important, a very cool dude down to earth who knows more than anyone how to behave on Metal forums.

All hail Mr Bryant :Spin:

Wyvern, I appreciate this thread. I feel happy that I do come accross as being humble because I struggle with that.

"God" gave me a natural talent with a guitar, but unfortunately, even though I am proud of my skills, I don't practice enough to be as good as I can be. I watched a friend play guitar for probably four months and picked it up and could play right from the start.I also had such a good ear, I could play many songs just by listening to them and finding the chords.
Unfortunately, I wasted that talent. Someone as gifted as I should have not lost interest in his instrument and should have, if nothing else, taught others how to play.

I don't really deserve any praise with my guitar skills because it came easy, but I never reached an elite level (in my opinion) because I never worked hard enough at it. The first five years I did play hard and often, but after those years I don't think I took it serious enough.

Bryant

Bryant, you've become a very dear friend of mine, and I hold our friendship in very high regard. I love chatting with you, as we always have insightful, intellegent conversations. To you, buddy! :kickass:

Thank you all very much. I'm not a Bryant but I play one on the internet. Just joking. Everyone here at this forum deserves an appreciation thread because we are all real. There aren't people here trying to impress each other with what or who they know, but rather metal fans who enjoy sharing their thoughts and feelings with other metal fans. I deserve some praise only because I am being me, but EVERY other person in this forum deserves the same. There is no other place as far as metal forums where the community is as good as this. I salute all of you....

For those about to rock.............. Fire !!!!

Bryant

Bryant you are THE MAN!!

I am proud to call you my friend :kickass: and I am hoping we'll meet some day. That would be really great.

Wyverin said: "got himself an electrig guitar and took some time and learn how to play"

Shit I know this song... I just can not think of the artist and the title. It's like on the tip of my tongue!!

Hawk said:
Wyverin said: "got himself an electrig guitar and took some time and learn how to play"

Shit I know this song... I just can not think of the artist and the title. It's like on the tip of my tongue!!
a) I change the lyrics a bit
b) Delize knows it, she posted the album not so long ago :D

Here ya go! :) <---- smile!

"So you wanna be a rock'n'roll star
Just listen now to what I say
Get yourself an electric guitar
and take some time and learn to play."

Well, this is as good a place as any to make my first post on the Old School board...

I first ran across Bryant's posts on the ProgPower board where I realized that here was someone with something to say--intelligent, honest posts with a real opinion. Then, I ran into him on the Tad Morose board--still quality stuff. So, here I am on the Old School board, following Bryant like a stalker! :devil:

Actually, I just enjoy seeing what he has to say, and those posts have become a highlight of my journeys through the boards--so rock on! :headbang:

You Old School Regulars seem to have a pretty good community going here (like the ProgPower board--well, there is some overlap after all), so don't be surprised to see me chiming in every now and then...
:Smokin:

delize said:
Here ya go! :) <---- smile!

"So you wanna be a rock'n'roll star
Just listen now to what I say
Get yourself an electric guitar
and take some time and learn to play."
Yes, yes!! I know that song from Patti Smith! Mmm Who?? Yea right, she was great though.

Naaa, na na na!! :D

UH! Who is Patti Smith? Hahahaha!

The album:
NAZARETH - "CLOSE ENOUGH FOR ROCK'N'ROLL"

delize said:
UH! Who is Patti Smith? Hahahaha!

The album:
NAZARETH - "CLOSE ENOUGH FOR ROCK'N'ROLL"
Blessed be Delize! :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I saw her first so everybody paws off :p

B00005UEPO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well, Nazareth covered it from the Byrds. Now I remember again. That songs was first written and released by the Byrds around 1966/67. I knew somehow that song was much older, I could not come up with the original performers.

See here:

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/cgi-bin/frames.cgi?http://www.lyricsdownload.com/the-byrds-lyrics.html

Of course I had to know this. I am a byrd myself :)

Here's a link explaining the time line between those 2 songs.

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/s/soyouwannabearocknrollstar.shtml

So The byrds were first, than came Nazareth and them Patti Smith.
What year did Nazareth cover this song?

(SO YOU WANNA BE A ROCK’N’ROLL STAR)
Roger McGuinn/Chris Hillman (COPYRIGHT 1966 TICKSON MUSIC CO. (BMI)

Nazareth cover -- 1976