Drumrecording: updates from Ricky

Jul 30, 2007
Ricky´s blogs on the drumrecordings of the new album, taken from the Demonoid Myspace page:

--------------------------------

May 19th, First Day

Hey Everyone!

After a 90 minutes car drive, through the Australian bushland I arrived at Light Hill Studio. It is located in a very beautiful spot, hard for me to describe but I am video shooting the whole process, so hopefully we either release a dvd or it'll be up here on Myspace, we'll see.

I am stoked about this recording, cause not only am I enjoying these new songs, but also have some new gear I'm trying out. I must mention Ricki Rae, who's the owner and engineer of this studio, he does a great job and makes everything easy with a great vibe and talent.

Well, the first song is recorded and the first bass drum head has gone to the bin. So with the sound set, all the gear in place we're hopefully going to have the drums for the new Demonoid album recorded in a very near future.

That's it for now, keep checking in for updates.

Salute

Ricke

May 20th, 2nd day

We started the day with coffee, then it was just straight into it. We managed to record 2 songs today, it's been a quite physical day where we did some fast songs, and with that alot of takes.

I personally like working like this, with a good tempo in the recording without any longer breaks and Ricki Rae keeping up the good vibe in the process of this album has just shown me how important it is to have a good engineer.

Other than that, I had a scary ride home through the steep hills between Gisbourne and Bacchus Marsch. Big drops on either side and a narrow road you don't want to meet a big truck on, which I ofcourse did, I didn't see a thing cause the goddamn road train had more ligths than an amusement park. I hit the brakes and slowed down to get my vision back, swore a bit in Swedish, took a Nicabate chewy, put on a AC/DC track and then I was on my way again.

Anyway, I'm tired so I'm off to bed.

Gnite, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Salute

Ricke

Nice to get some atmosphere from down there.

It's sort of odd, are you actually using Demonoid.se for anything? Don't you have a maintainer? News are only posted here and/or on MySpace.

Well it does have its purpose - it's where I found the link to this forum :)

And its really hard to search for 'Demonoid' in search engines, if you guys realize, unless you search for 'Demonoid band' - thanks to the software of the same name!

May 21-22, 3rd and 4th Day

Hey again!

Wednesday 21st:

We recorded 2 more songs, and yeah I'm just having a blast with these songs. I think Kristian has really outdone himself with his guitar playing and these songs, can't wait to hear what the other brothers in the band will come up with.

Fortunately the bassdrum head was holding up well, eventhough there was a big crack in the first layer of the head, but hey, there's nothing you can't fix with Gaffa tape. I have to give credit to the Gaffa tape, what would the world be without it..... I LOVE GAFFA TAPE.

I have to give a big salute to Nick from E.L.F.A (Electric Factory) Melbourne, who came by to sort out a new bassdrum head for me. He's also the one who let me try out some new gear on this album, cheers bro.

Thursday 22nd:

Well, today was really good day, at start that is. We recorded a neckwrecker that was circa 7 minutes long, and I must say that I'm really satisfied with how it came out.

When we started recording the next epic song my elbow gave up, I've been trying to avoid getting to sore, but hey, I guess it's age :)

Anyway, we left it at that, tomorrow is a new day, and with my wife giving me some T.L.C I'll be good to go, if not I'll just put some Gaffa Tape on it and I'll be rocking...

That's it for now.

Saludos

Ricke

"a quite physical day where we did some fast songs" "I think Kristian has really outdone himself with his guitar playing and these songs"

Intriguing! ;)

May 24, 6th Day

We recorded one song today, due to the injury I've sustained in my elbow. I thought it was better to have the rest of the day off, so some rest will do me good, I'll be back in the studio on Monday to record the last track.

Other than that, a big Kangaroo jumped infront of my car when I drove home, I managed to stop the car in time so no harm done phew.

I'll get back to you all on Monday for a final report, until then:

SALUTE

Ricke

May 26, 7th Day

Last day of the drums being recorded.

My elbow was all good, had no problems at all, the day off was a good choice.

Well, all I can say really is, I've never been so pleased with a recording ever before, and that means with everything. It's the tracks, my playing, how the people at the studio made me feel welcome (Phil, your soup rocks), to the long drives through some fantastic scenery, both day and night.

Now my part of this recording is over, hopefully it wont be to long until you all get an update from Kristian, so keep on checking in.

So until then, salute to all of you.

Cheers

Ricke