Drumsound.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
what about this drum sound? what would you guys fix/change?

guitar is still mono from the drumtracking.
toms and snare are ungated since i liked the ambience they brought in. i just notched out any big resonances and gave them some "nice" compression (snare quit heavely..).
kick is 25% some clicky metal kick to brighten up the original and 75 % original kick (it was a pretty good kit and its punkrock/hardcore...)

any input welcome!!! i'm mixing on deskkop monitors at the moment btw...

and used the voxengo marquis compressor on the drumbus btw, and i must say its pretty good!!:headbang:

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18SZRO3I122HB047DW1JVW2308

That's a good start Seizure. Try to remove some "boominess" from the drums, but overall, I like the sound of it. And the guitar tone is nice too.

i like the snare sound.. the kick could definately use more definition.. either try cutting around 250-300hz or maybe using 50% sample 50% real kick for a little more click. also, you might wanna bring up the floor tom a little bit and cut some of the resonant low freq's from that too.

thanks!!,

its actually just one (scratch/guide for drums..)guitar track from a gibson sg on the rhithm channel of a 5150 and no dist pedal.
i was suprised i could still make it sound kinda cool :tickled: (the ozone helped alot..)

i tried cutting the resonances on the floor/small tom but i kinda killed the whole drumsound/punch it had to it..maybe cut a little milder?

and yes the kick, i kinda killed it with the multiband on the master..:oops: ...
i'll check your advices andf i'll be back soon!! thanks! apreciate it!!:headbang:

right,

i'm checking out some different kick samples.. but only have big and fat metal kicks!! does anybody know were i could possibly find a kicksound/sample like on for example boy sets fires/After The euligy album?
or a site were i can get massive amounts of samples? good sample cd's for this kinda stuff?

anything apreciated!!

thanks,

jb.

btw, your help is allready helping... its allready somewhat more clearer!!