Dry and Barren!

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
There hasn't been a decent gig to hit this bloated favela in atleast 6months. I haven't taken in a show since October and had to fly out of state to do so. What the flying fuck is going on? Not that there hasn't been a good band popping up here and there, but they are usually aligned with acts that would gladly pick up Matt Stone as a mouth piece. Simply ghastly. Late September's bill of D666, The Chasm, Urgehal, Spearhead, was the last solid card that graced this municipality of filth. One can contest that Portal is stopping by L.A in a few months, but they sound like a Chinaman throwing a bag of marbles down a staircase, I'm getting a headache just mentioning them.

Is the well as dry in other parts of the globe as it is here? :erk:

Is the well as dry in other parts of the globe as it is here? :erk:
Yep. And similar to you, I've been jonesing for a show. My last show was my annual pilgrimage to Atlanta for PP (which was an amazing line up). Luckily, the next few months are looking up:

Kreator / Voivod / Nachtmystium / Evile - Saturday March 6
Orphaned Land / Suidakra - Monday March 8
WASP - Friday March 12
Jimmy Hendrix Experiene - Thursday March 25
Immortal - Thursday March 30
Overkill / Vader / God Dethroned / Warbringer / Evile - Thursday, April 1
Moonsorrow / Swallow the Sun - Thursday Apri 8
High on Fire / Priestess - Friday April 9
Mastodon / Between The Buried / Baroness - Wednesday April 21
Amon Amarth / Eluveite - Sunday April 25
Alcest - Thursday April 27
Overkill / Vader / God Dethroned / Warbringer / Evile - Saturday May 1
Primal Fear - Thursday May 20

It's been beyond horrible around here this year. I haven't been to a show in a while, and haven't been to a good metal show in almost a god damn fucking year I think.

This year isn't looking good at all... none of those tours mentioned in zods post are coming anywhere remotely close to here. Ridiculous!

http://smithstix.com/events/music/all

A list of all coming acts... do you see anything even close to good, metal or not metal? I sure as fuck don't.

Slough Feg is coming to Madison in a month! Other than that Madison is really dry, but there has been a few good shows in Chicago that I haven't gone to.

Zod, are you up for Kreator and Voivod on Saturday? ... itching to get out to a show.
should be a great gig.

Zod, are you up for Kreator and Voivod on Saturday? ... itching to get out to a show. should be a great gig.
I can't. We have plans in Philly. Otherwise, I'd be going.

Aurel... aside from Overkill, are you up for any of those other shows? Specifically, Immortal? I'm pretty sure Paula has no interest in that one.

Eh, the only gig on that list that interests me is Alcest. [/nohomo] I'm getting more and more picky with shows after being subjugated time and time again to Angeleno filth. We shall see where those two TBD dates fall.

really going to try to make the Gwynbleidd show on Monday ... so might see you there Max. the Polish contingent should get a big support crowd and beer will be flowing.

i haven't been to a concert since maryland deathfest. there has not been a single "wow, i need to see that" type of show in the area. Inquisition and Alcest in the next few months will be intriguing. i was thinking of seeing Orphaned Land (though i'm not much of a fan) but i have an early dentist appointment the following morning that i don't feel like canceling.

ive come to the fact that I will probably never go to a regular show again unless the openers I love, or maybe an obscure band will do a few off shows in NYC and LA :loco: festivals is what I have to deal with and I must admit I did one festival and loved it!