DSG news! Carlos out, and Chity Sompala in!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
DSG is proud as hell to anounce the new singer and front man for the David Shankle Group. Chitral "Chity" Somapala Is the new singer for DSG!!
Chity's Vocal Range & Tone are AMAZING! and he is an Incredible Song Writer. With Chity's Talent DSG will finaly be able to play all of our material from both albums, Ashes & Hellborn LIVE!!! This makes Chity the PERFECT addition to our band.

http://www.myspace.com/dsgchity

dsg-band.gif

Lets see if this lasts a month. And that's not a shot against Chity. Its a shot against any band that grabs a member one month, and gone the next.

I wonder why the change. Perhaps, they heard Carlos live and just didn't like what they heard, or Carlos just wasn't able to sing a wide enough range of material for them (since... apparently its only since Chity that they can no play all their material from both albums).

This is obviously only my own personal opinion but Chity is much better suited than Carlos. Chity IMO is one of the most underated singers in Metal. I know he gets bagged a lot but hes gotten a lot of slack that he shouldnt have. I consider Chity a brother, and although I dont agree with everything he has done in the past or condone it, theres been too much stuff that hes caught shit for that if people knew the whole stories would think differently.

We'll see how long it lasts is right. Hopefully long enough to get a badass fucking album!

On the live clips I've heard of Carlos he was horrible. Bad accent, sings only about 3 notes well, and just very limited as a vocalist. Maybe that's because of the melody lines he had to work with. I don't know. But I'm hoping for improvement from Outworld and DSG.

This is obviously only my own personal opinion but Chity is much better suited than Carlos. Chity IMO is one of the most underated singers in Metal. I know he gets bagged a lot but hes gotten a lot of slack that he shouldnt have. I consider Chity a brother, and although I dont agree with everything he has done in the past or condone it, theres been too much stuff that hes caught shit for that if people knew the whole stories would think differently.

We'll see how long it lasts is right. Hopefully long enough to get a badass fucking album!

DrumR

puuhhhLEASE tell me there is another Red Circuit album in the works

I can't get enough of the first one
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

The year of the Chity (haha) as both Red Circuit, and Civilization One will have new discs in 2008. \m/

How many bands is that now for Chity? Man I am guessing 7 or 8? Longevity isn't his strong suit eh? I'll have to pass on this one

Bear

How can you pass on something you haven't heard and hasn't been written or recorded yet:OMG::OMG:?????????????

I am going off of past experiences, its simple really. I didn't like the last DSG so I am pretty sure I wont like this one either, specially with Chity behind the wheel.

Bear

I agree. Dude is so much better than Firewind's new (incredibly overrated) vocalist.