DT covers Pantera in Dallas!

ragingsaxmachine

Blue Bomber
Feb 28, 2005
Houston
For those who haven't heard, Dream Theater, along with Russell Allen of Symphony X, Fear Factory's vocalist (forgot his name) and Dave Mustaine on lead guitar, did an unbelievable cover of Cemetary Gates at the Dallas stop of Gigantour last night. The crowd went freakin nuts and I was at the front of the pit for it!

The thing was recorded from what looked like a number of angles, so you need not worry...this performance will see the light of day on the DVD.

I just wonder if ProgPower can top it. Hopefully so. :headbang:

ragingsaxmachine said:
For those who haven't heard, Dream Theater, along with Russell Allen of Symphony X, Fear Factory's vocalist (forgot his name) and Dave Mustaine on lead guitar, did an unbelievable cover of Cemetary Gates at the Dallas stop of Gigantour last night. The crowd went freakin nuts and I was at the front of the pit for it!

The thing was recorded from what looked like a number of angles, so you need not worry...this performance will see the light of day on the DVD.

I just wonder if ProgPower can top it. Hopefully so. :headbang:

I would love to see this.

Zilla

:cry:

Being from Texas and a HUGE Pantera (Rock In Peace Darrell), and a HUGE DT and Symp X fan, that is the coolest fuckin' thing I ever heard!! That DVD will be mine!! What a GREAT tribute to Pantera and Darrell.

Thanx sooooo much for sharing, Dude!!

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

I was also at the Dallas GiganTour. It was one of the greatest encores I've ever seen! They totally took the roof off. First of all, it seemed that particular venue (Nokia in Grand Prairie) was made for DT. The mix was perfect, the vocals and every instrument were crystal clear. The lights were perfect. This tour featured possibly the heaviest set DT has ever done. Even without the encore, DT would have stolen the show. That's not a knock on Megadeth - I like them too and they kicked ass, that's just how "on" DT was that night. Then came "Cemetary Gates" and the entire crowd just lost it! It was cool to see Russell Allen and James LaBrie onstage together. Dave Mustaine was only onstage for a few seconds but he had to be thinking afterward that there was NO way he was going to be able to follow that! It was an amazing, special rock 'n roll moment and I'm glad I was there.

Andy Laudano said:
I was also at the Dallas GiganTour. It was one of the greatest encores I've ever seen! They totally took the roof off. First of all, it seemed that particular venue (Nokia in Grand Prairie) was made for DT. The mix was perfect, the vocals and every instrument were crystal clear. The lights were perfect. This tour featured possibly the heaviest set DT has ever done. Even without the encore, DT would have stolen the show. That's not a knock on Megadeth - I like them too and they kicked ass, that's just how "on" DT was that night. Then came "Cemetary Gates" and the entire crowd just lost it! It was cool to see Russell Allen and James LaBrie onstage together. Dave Mustaine was only onstage for a few seconds but he had to be thinking afterward that there was NO way he was going to be able to follow that! It was an amazing, special rock 'n roll moment and I'm glad I was there.

God, I hate to whine, but please, please do it again in Jersey. Damn, I'd love to see that!!!!:worship: