DT guitar sound

Heh. God I love progress! I just speant a good half hour ploughing through ebay looking for a decent deal on a Rocktron doodah.

What sort of stuff would you require to play live and where would the bulk of your cash end up. If got a decent guitar and I love her...a little too much. So what I'm looking into is amps and effects. If the V-amp works well enough live that's saved me mucho cash. How do you guys feel about it's performance???

Oh yeah...THANKS SO MUCH!!!

@ Somber: the blue one :rolleyes: ... the poddie rip-off thing. They all sound pretty much the same so you could just as well use the new XV-Amp, floorbased with pedals for some 80 €.
So far it's been working flawlessly.

OK, I see. I thought you might have the 19" rack-mount version. The POD rip-off has a spacier shape, though. ;) Thanks for the info! I didn't find any sound samples on the V-Amp page. I guess I'll have a look (well, a "hear") a the local music store (probably today).

Cool. Thanks very much I'm gonna pop into towm and harass some dealer guy until he conceeds into showing me how to use one.

For the larger gigs do you just plug this into the whole system and don't bother with a seperate amp or do feed this in like an effects loop and mike/connect up as usual?

Oh for people wanting to save on this poodie thing mi bob try Ebay or even american ebay as the dollar is so devlaued right now we might as well leech some good gear off them.

@Rahvin : petyr baelish :headbang: :cool:

Oav said:
@ Somber: the blue one :rolleyes: ... the poddie rip-off thing. They all sound pretty much the same so you could just as well use the new XV-Amp, floorbased with pedals for some 80 €.
So far it's been working flawlessly.
Haha, what the... Here I'm thinking that my good ol' V-Amp would never work live and I find out you ditch high-end preamps for them?! :ill: May I ask what amp models you use for distortion?

I hope the band didnt use Pro-Tools to enhance Stanne's growls. I would be pretty upset if thats the case.

I think pro-tools sux. Fuck, Britney Spears is the queen of pro-tools

The reason i made that comment is because I have herd many of my friends in bands using pro tools to agument tones and pitches in their music.

I also know that most popstars can sing for shit, so the producers use protools to "clean up" the mess these "artists" spew from their shitmouths

yeah, it's actually funny how those pop singers have to try 10 times for each phrase and then they sew it together.

So can you plug one of these V-amps in to a cab and use it like a head, or would you have to go into the PA? Would it fuck up the cab becuase it's not carrying a load or something? I don't know much about the technology behind amps...

Siren said:
yeah, it's actually funny how those pop singers have to try 10 times for each phrase and then they sew it together.
This is the general practice for any professional recording.

i suck at technology too so can't help you there. You can plug it into active speakers and get a good sound (stereo even) but im not sure if that's what you asked

Sundin and Hendrikson both use V-amp 2's, live anyway. The V-amp 2 is a very good amp/cab modeler for the money and has some effects on it. I have it and was pretty surprised to see that they had them sitting on their cabs when i saw them a couple weeks ago in Cleveland. They are only 100 dollars and really are a good thing to have.

Oh and Shamas, it is a amp/cab modeler, you run your guitar through it like you do an effects pedal. The v-amp 2 comes with a footswitch too.

So you need a head to run it through then? Bandmate needs a gigworthy amp and he's broke, so minimizing costs with just a cab and one of these "DT Sanctioned" V amps would be ace, if that would work without a head that is.