DT tattoo

Xenaki

New Metal Member
Nov 21, 2004
It has been over a year since i got my last tattoo(i have 2 currently, just turned 21), so ive been itching to get another one lately. I have wanted to get one on my back, but i have a horrible time deciding on a tattoo. Today i was bored at work so i decided to check out the website since i haven't been here in awhile when i saw this..

http://www.darktranquillity.com/images/wintersplash2.gif

I instantly fell in love with it, and i think it would look awesome as a tattoo. Is there a high res copy of this picture floating around without any text on it?

I am also unsure if any of the tattoo artists in the area would be able to give it any justice, ive been rather unhappy with the work of the two places ive been to so far, and they both came highly recommened.

Yeah, when I saw that for the first time on the DT splash page, I was looking at it for ages, it's so nice! I hope that's the look of the next album's art! :D
I have it centered as my pc desktop background at the moment. No idea where the art's come from though... The skull parts remind me of the artwork for the latest Chimaira album....

Xenaki said:
Is there a high res copy of this picture floating around without any text on it?

if i remember correctly, caotico (niklas sundin) said in an earlier tattoo thread that people who want high res pictures or similar for tattoos are welcome to contact him, so you could always try sending him a pm.

Xenaki said:
It has been over a year since i got my last tattoo(i have 2 currently, just turned 21), so ive been itching to get another one lately. I have wanted to get one on my back, but i have a horrible time deciding on a tattoo. Today i was bored at work so i decided to check out the website since i haven't been here in awhile when i saw this..

I instantly fell in love with it, and i think it would look awesome as a tattoo. Is there a high res copy of this picture floating around without any text on it?

I am also unsure if any of the tattoo artists in the area would be able to give it any justice, ive been rather unhappy with the work of the two places ive been to so far, and they both came highly recommened.

i just saw that image for the first time and i have fallen in love with it as well! :)

It is beautiful indeed, and i agree you would have to find a very skilled tattoo artist and give him a lot of money to do it right. I did a Mind's I tattoo 3 years ago and i'm not at all happy with it. It cost me 25 euros to do it and when i wanted it redone i went to another tattoo studio and they wanted 100 euros just to re-paint it. That sucked becouse i didn't have any money then. The next time i get a tattoo i will not be so cheap...

Xenaki said:

It´s not uncommon to even travel to another place in order to have the right tattoo artist, if you cannot find what you´re looking for in your town. But still, even if places were recommended to you, which is usually a good sign, you must check yourself which other stuff the tattoers have done, check photos and real people at the studio. That might help you to get a better image of if you personally like their style. Good tattooers also don´t mind if you just hang out for an hour at their place and possibly watch their work from time to time (without disturbing them of course).
When you are about to send a pm to Niklas for the drawing, you might aswell ask right away for tattoo artists that the band has worked with.

Cuthalion: 25 Euros is extremely cheap, even for a smaller tattoo or in a country with lower prices. That doesn´t mean that the most expensive tattooer is always the best one, but definitely good work and experience is worth something. After all, you wear it on your skin all your life, so rather wait a while to save up instead of rushing anything. 100 Euros for re-painting is a decent price, after all the re-work needs also craft and plus they have to be extra careful because there is already a tattoo. Consider also that the colours should be of good quality, and the materials aswell.
I´d say a small tattoo might cost around 70-120 Euros and a larger one between 150-300. Special rates for having your whole back or arm tattooed ;)

That's a lot of black ink on your body! :p

Dark_Silence said:
wow thats expensive...

Depends. When you think that some people pay 60 Euro for a haircut and some colouring, or a CD is 20 Euro, and computer games are (if not downloaded) between 30 - 80 Euro, and going out for drinks or movies can be easily a little expensive, I kind of come to think a tattoo by a skilled artist that you wear forever is worth the money, too ;) Also the colours and the equipment are supposed to be great quality and properly disinfected/new/sterilized.

Of course, if you are a member of The Haunted, you´ll get them for free, because they are/were endorsed by a tattoo studio :D So the alternative is to be member in a famous band ;)

Xenaki said:

If I were you, I would give it a little more time before having it graced your skin. I would hate for you to regret it later on. ;)