Tattoo you

Wolfman Von Jones

The trouble with you
Dec 6, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
In afew days Im going to the parlor to put a down payment on a tattoo. I really want a DT tattoo, but it seems like everything from the album art that is cool (imo) is taken. I dont want smth that everyone else has, so what the fuck guys? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick

what about a combination of DT-stuff with your own ideas (or ideas of the tattoer)? You could bring him some pictures you like and discuss, if he would draw a custom one, so you have something DT-related and something unique at the same time.

Also, if there should once come the day that DT is not your number one priority anymore, (I don´t wish you so, but at least it_could_happen) you´ll have a picture that can mean several things to you. IMHO the best tattoo is something where you can´t see all the meanings so obviously. It could have several meanings, like a good song, you know, outside layer and personal things.

1111.jpg

(already posted, but anyway...)

the eye from Enter Suicidal Angels?

edit: to add to this, one of my friends has an eye tattooed right below his neck and it looks great (not the ESA one, his own design)... maybe a 4"x6" kinda faded at the edges(for yours, not his)? tattoos of eyes can look cool...

Ive decided on The Minds I, I know its been done, but that is what I really want.

I was thinking about a combo like Fireangel said, but Ive decided against it, too much money. Maybe I will get smth added to it later in life.

Fire: I doesnt matter that its from a DT album, it will have importance weather or not I continue to feel strong admiration for a band who lyrics, and music has touched my life in ways that they (or anyone) will ever truly know.

On that note, Im dead tired. Sleepy time :p.

Nick

Hmmm, I think it should have been something with
a werewolf tho, maybe one ripping thru your skin and
the rip making the mind's I thing... hard to explain and
can't draw to save my life.

Well, I had decided that in a few years (read - financially independent of parental units who would freak out upon seeing a tattoo) I was gonna get The Mind's I on my left bicep, and on my right shoulderblade the eye/sun/moon design from the inside of The Gallery's booklet. I always thought that if I wanted a really painful tattoo, that Niklas had this huge like poster-sized design on cabinfever that would look really sick.

~Kovenant

I would not get a tattoo of a band... I have considered it many times, but tastes change and sometimes you will regret it... if it is a thing fro ma band that can have multiple meanings and be incorprtaed into something grand, then go for it

Well, I've thought about the same thing, Destroyer, but the images I was talking about (at least for me) seem abstract enough to be completely independent of the band itself. True, the mind's I image is pretty specific to the album, but I still like it simply for its artistic value, as well.

~Kovenant

Of course, no problems with that, I always thought it to be a pretty cool image, and when it is such, there's no problem in tattoing yourself with it... I am going to soon be getting several tatoos on my arms, and incorporate them all into a sleeve... there will be small things from many bands in it, but nothing utterly distinguishable.. should be awesome

why not tattoo this on your arm? would look so sweet ;) also has some relations to DT, yet not so obvious for the ordinary folks ;)

new2.jpg

Wolfman Von Jones said:
Ive decided on The Minds I, I know its been done, but that is what I really want.

I was thinking about a combo like Fireangel said, but Ive decided against it, too much money. Maybe I will get smth added to it later in life.

Fire: I doesnt matter that its from a DT album, it will have importance weather or not I continue to feel strong admiration for a band who lyrics, and music has touched my life in ways that they (or anyone) will ever truly know.

On that note, Im dead tired. Sleepy time :p.

Nick
yes, the latter one I heard otherwhere, too, that people say, even if later the relation to the band changes, the thing itself stays important or only the memory for special good times.
I would not do it, though (mean: a band tattoo) but everyone makes their own decisions and it is yours, not mine ;)

concerning money for tattoo and its size: there I have to say that, get it done as you like in the first place, because added is added, and it is very hard to make look things like a unit later on (though of course not impossible); you should not think that: there misses something if you know what I mean. Anyways, tattoos are so great, but especially if they mean something and are well done :) Luv good tattoos :)
:wave: