Dubai

I find it strange that Saxon would book a date in an arab country before any gigs in the USA.Are they planning on sneaking in any weapons of mass destruction here.Is this the real reason visas were denied.Would they have played in Berlin in 1944.I want a full investigation by British intelligence

My sister lives in Dubai. I'm hoping to invite myself over there for a few days!! Seriously I'd love to go but my sister isn't into this kind of music and I doubt very much she'd go with me and I really couldn't go to the concert on my own.

Redman said:
Well.. if you pay the tickets and the flight for me...

You're jokin'!! I'm trying to think if I've got anything I can sell to buy the ticket! I don't think I own anything worth more than £15 tho......:D

JP Angel said:
You're jokin'!! I'm trying to think if I've got anything I can sell to buy the ticket! I don't think I own anything worth more than £15 tho......:D

Let me see... :err: ... a-ha! How about selling your JP records? :devil:

heavycelli said:
I think it is wonderful news: Is it Saxons third continent to play? America, Europe and now this continent..

Haven't they toured Japan? Then it would not be another one :p

JP Angel said:
:OMG: No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I'll just be seeing them in Wolverhampton!! BTW, haven't seen you on the JP board for a while. How are you?

you're kidding! I log in to JP forums every 30 minutes or so :p

spaster said:
I find it strange that Saxon would book a date in an arab country before any gigs in the USA.Are they planning on sneaking in any weapons of mass destruction here.Is this the real reason visas were denied.Would they have played in Berlin in 1944.I want a full investigation by British intelligence

It's the British and Intelligence that blew out this thread :tickled:

JP Angel said:
My sister lives in Dubai. I'm hoping to invite myself over there for a few days!! Seriously I'd love to go but my sister isn't into this kind of music and I doubt very much she'd go with me and I really couldn't go to the concert on my own.

Same problem.. I'll probably end up not going cause of that.

heavycelli said:
I hope Hellf1re reads this, he lives there in the U.A.E! Hope he still lives there and that he can make a foto-shoot review on this board.. ? A little bit history in this link:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187396&highlight=dubai

I think it is wonderful news: Is it Saxons third continent to play? America, Europe and now this continent..
Well I live in the UAE and I was supposed to attend the concert but my friends backed out in the last minute. They are all rap addicts :rolleyes: Looks like i wont be going. I'll see if i can dig up some info for u guys later on, because I am sure there is going to be something about the concert in the papers.

I live in the UAE and on Thursday i am going do the Dubai desert rock festival
Im really excited to be seeing Saxon, Testament, Reel Big Fish and Megadeth live up there.
But at the moment there has been an article in the paper about how Saxon's lyrics to the song "Cruisader" are "anti-arab"
Im really worried that the government here might not let them play (though i doubt they will stop it)
for more on the subject go to
http://www.phride.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12537
Anyways, ill try and write a review of all bands (or post a link to one) after the gig.
thanks

spaster said:
And by the way i find that quite offensive and childish. Just because the word "arab" is in it, do you automatically think of weapons of mass destruction? no, im not arab, but i have many friends that are and i have lived in this country for 7 years. The UAE is a very civilised place (especally Dubai) and many people i know would take offence to that.
In fact the UAE is proberbly the most rapidly expanding countries in the world.
2204WB1.jpg

dubai-city-line.jpg

I am proud to be a dutchman..look at that nice Island that was build there at the coast in Dubai... Dutch builders were involved there..We know how to fight and cancer water...very creative! The Dubai people really expand rappidly because they are good clever people..a nice place for Saxon to play over there! Enjoy!

minibrewer said:
I live in the UAE and on Thursday i am going do the Dubai desert rock festival
Im really excited to be seeing Saxon, Testament, Reel Big Fish and Megadeth live up there.
But at the moment there has been an article in the paper about how Saxon's lyrics to the song "Cruisader" are "anti-arab"
Im really worried that the government here might not let them play (though i doubt they will stop it)
for more on the subject go to
http://www.phride.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12537
Anyways, ill try and write a review of all bands (or post a link to one) after the gig.
thanks
They have been allowed to play. But they wont be playing Crusader.

heavycelli said:
I am proud to be a dutchman..look at that nice Island that was build there at the coast in Dubai... Dutch builders were involved there..We know how to fight and cancer water...very creative! The Dubai people really expand rappidly because they are good clever people..a nice place for Saxon to play over there! Enjoy!

UPDATE!!
Well at least there is publicity for Saxon! If Megadeth and Testament have "balls" they cancell too. For the freedom of speech! Dubai expands economicly, now its time they must expand in the head, to set the mind free.. When I read this I immediately had to think of SAXONATOR, who did remove his 'freedom of speech"and it was so innocent...People lets defend the freedom of speech.. Its just a song! Everyone knows that Saxon-members are anti-war! The Crusader song is just an hisorical song, about an event that took place in real history..If Saxon , just because of a song, may not perform, what is the case, then it is good that they don't go...but I understand it is sad for the real enlighted metalhead-kids and people who just wanted to have an enjoying period! Very weak that the organizers bow to the ears of freedom of speech-killing people!

I have always said: Biff's lyrics are very strong (LOL) and its now even translated in Arabic Language. Which Heavy Metal leadsinger has ever reached that standard? No-one, so see it as a compliment Biff!