Dudes...Wiccans are everywhere!

you guys may not be aware of this Ohio scandal, but it seems a Wiccan spell may be involved!!

coverphoto.jpg

An energy vortex aimed at Bush: Brandy Zink said she can "neither confirm nor deny" that her October 2003 spell has affected Noe

BEWITCHED

Is a pagan spell behind Tom Noe's scandal?

By Aaron Marshall / July 7, 2005

Dan Trittschuh

An energy vortex aimed at Bush: Brandy Zink said she can "neither confirm nor deny" that her October 2003 spell has affected Noe

<http://www.theotherpaper.com/images/pixel.gif>

Dan Trevas thought he had seen it all in politics. A former reporter who had become the spokesman for the Ohio Democratic Party, Trevas was hanging around outside a George W. Bush fundraiser on Oct. 30, 2003, helping to organize a small demonstration.

As about 650 well-heeled GOP donors—including an obscure rare-coin dealer from Toledo named Tom Noe—streamed into the Hyatt Regency to eat lunch with the president and contribute $1.4 million to his re-election campaign, Trevas noticed a young woman in the group of 100 protesters.

While most onlookers were milling about aimlessly, the young woman was holding a large Earth flag and "walking methodically over and over again, following the same little path in the crosswalks," Trevas recalled. "She was on a very focused walk."

The woman's name was Brandy Zink, and she had a good explanation for her carefully traced path: She was casting a spell.

"I asked her what she was doing," Trevas said, "and she said, 'I'm a Wiccan, and I'm putting a positive energy vortex on this area.'"

"I said something patronizing like, 'Oh, well it seems like it's working,' because we were having a pretty good turnout and the powers that be were noticing us," Trevas said.

His run-in with Zink might have become just another campaign war story to share over a few beers if recent revelations hadn't conspired to shed a different light on Zink's Halloween Eve stroll.

Noe is no longer an obscure coin dealer and backroom wheeler-dealer in Republican politics. Now he is better known as the focus of several state and federal investigations into his rare-coin dealings, along with possibly illegal contributions to the Bush-Cheney re-election campaign.

Some of the investigations deal with $10 million to $12 million in missing state funds invested in rare coins. But a Toledo grand jury is hearing testimony over whether Noe broke federal campaign laws by giving money to others with the intent that they would contribute it to the Bush-Cheney campaign—many of them via the October 2003 fundraiser.

Noe and anyone else found guilty of violating federal campaign-finance laws could face stiff fines and jail time.

At the heart of the questions about the questionable campaign donations by Noe is the soiree that attracted Zink to the Hyatt Regency. The truth is out there.

Brandy Zink didn't know Tom Noe from Tom Cruise when she set out for the Hyatt on that October day. She was after George W. Bush, the leader of the free world and, in her opinion, one seriously evil man.

So the political activist and self-proclaimed pagan decided to cast a spell on Bush to "deflect some of his negativity," she recalled this week.

Zink, who is in fact not a Wiccan but a "solitary eclectic pagan," said she cast her spell by walking in counterclockwise circles in each of the four crosswalks adjacent to the Hyatt.

"Walking clockwise is bringing energy in, and counterclockwise means you are trying to dispel negative energy out," she said.

"Normally, I recognize the four directions and call on the energies of those directions and the winds and the above and the below," she explained. "I recognize that they have powers and call on them to be there and protect us."

In doing so, Zink said she tried to create an "energy vortex" to send a message to Bush and dissipate his negative energy.

Oddly enough, Bush went on to win a tight election a year later. But some of those who shared the room with him have fallen on hard times.

Along with Noe's misfortunes, consider those of Brian Hicks, the man who planned the big Oct. 30 payday. A former chief of staff to Gov. Bob Taft, Hicks is under investigation by the Ohio Ethics Commission for a sweetheart price on a weeklong vacation stay at Noe's swanky Florida vacation home.

Maybe Zink aimed for Bush and missed or something.

Zink said she didn't realize the fundraiser where she had cast her spell—she emphasized that it was not a curse—was the same one that's causing Republicans fits. Trevas shared the news with her when the two crossed paths at Monday's Doo Dah Parade.

"I hadn't put that together," she said. "I was actually chuckling inside. If I've had an impact, I hope it's for the highest good."

Zink seemed uncertain whether her spell caused or contributed to the grief Bush's fundraiser has caused for Noe.

"I really don't believe that I had an impact, but I think that might be my humility," she said. "I have knowledge that our thoughts are real and can create changes. I can neither confirm nor deny if I had an impact. I could only hope that I did."

If she did work her magic, then it proves one of the tenets of paganism, she said.

"There is a law in paganism that whatever energy you send out comes back three times as much," Zink said. "Maybe the Republican Party got a taste of their comeuppance."

Over at Republican Party headquarters, GOP spokesman Jason Mauk didn't sound concerned by the possibility that state party bigwigs were collateral damage in a Clintonville witch's 20-month-old spell.

"I was there, and the event seemed to go off without a hitch," said Mauk, after controlling his laughter. "If she was casting a spell, it wasn't very obvious."

"I'm skeptical, with all due respect to whatever she practices," he said. "I don't believe that anyone has a concern about casting spells over our fundraisers. The event was successful, and Ohioans generously contributed to the re-election effort."

Still, it's worth noting that all that energy was bouncing around Downtown Columbus on the eve of a major pagan holiday: Halloween, or "The Last Harvest." The holiday, known as Samhain to pagans, is the time that "the Earth nods a sad farewell to the God,"according to witchvox.com, a pagan website.

"This is the time of reflection, the time to honor the Ancients who have gone before us and the time of 'Seeing' (divination)," stated the website.

Trevas, now working on the gubernatorial campaign of Mayor Mike Coleman, said his encounter with Zink only offers proof that the Noe scandal of 2005 gets more bizarre each week.

"I was thinking to myself: How could this scandal get any weirder? And then I remembered, 'Oh yeah, there was a witch that put a spell on the fundraiser.'"

yea it figures only a person who can't even come up with a real religion would be into voting for someone with down syndrome.
bush = CORKY