duncans vs emg

May 23, 2007
ok planning on swapping out my stock zebra(eww) pickups on my prs se custom. currently looking between the hot rodded jazz (sh2n -jazz neck and sh4 jb bridge) seymour duncan or emgs either zw set or an 81 and 60 combo any input guys? mahogany body playing metal and hardcore mainly

zakk wylde is the way to go really.
If the 81 sounds too trebly on your guitar, just swap the 81 with the 85.
I got 2 axes: a Burny (les paul copy) with 81 in the bridge because the 85 it's too fat in the bridge, and a LTD MH1000 with the 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck, this guitar has less low end so the 85 it's giving back the thunderous low end I needed!

cheers

cheers guys always helpful here i've been told emg actives also have a lower db output so i can crank the tubes a little more or is this complete crap?

really the only thing that the EMG's will have a lower output than is the SD blackout

I'm in the process of recording a band that uses blackouts in one of their guitars and when they have the volume pot on the guitar maxed out the waveform always looks clipped so I had them record all their rhythm's with the volume at about half. Is this normal for these pickups?

I'm in the process of recording a band that uses blackouts in one of their guitars and when they have the volume pot on the guitar maxed out the waveform always looks clipped so I had them record all their rhythm's with the volume at about half. Is this normal for these pickups?

Yes, they are hot as shit.

PODs clip to fuck-ville.

They rule with tube amps. Gotta get one. :kickass:

yea...a while back i tracked some DI stuff with my blackout-equipped jackson, and had the waveform clipping with it as well

i've been meaning to lower the pickup to reduce it, but just haven't gotten around to it yet

I found that even a JB into my boss GT6, the output was too hot. However sounds awesome straight into the 6505.