Need PAL?

• Yes, can't do without it!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, I'm fine with NTSC, thanks!

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

NeverMarty

Awaiting Mathematics
Hi guys, just to help Ron out, a quick question: does anyone really need PAL copies instead of NTSC? I know most DVD players on the market here in Europe play NTSC just fine, but not all older ones do. Other places outside of the US, I have no idea. So just to help out Ron in getting an idea of what the need for PAL copies of his DVD is, let's see who can't do without PAL. Thanks!

NTSC and PAL are the two main and slightly different video standards used in the world - NTSC in N.America, and PAL in most of the rest of the world. Has to do with resolution, frequency and lines per frame, without getting into too much detail. Newer VHS, DVD and TV systems are generally compatible with both, but older/cheaper sets may not be, hence the question. I'm sure you're on NTSC anyway, but Ron wanted to see if anyone outside the US might have a problem with NTSC - making PAL copies would be rather time-consuming. He got some feedback through other channels too, and since no one has expressed a concern here yet, NTSC it will be. Can't wait!

Hmm, I live in Europe, but I don't really know if my DVD player is NTSC compatible. Anyone know if the European version of the Xbox is?

I live in Europe and agree most DVD players would be ok but you also need to think about the regional codes as not everyone has multi regional players even though they are NTSC compactable; only really old players will not have NTSC

Nevermind the xbox, I just bought a new pc (including a Line 6 TonePort!) which has a brand new dvd reader/writer. When my Pc comes in, you can expect my entry in the Circle of 12 tones competition!