DVD release 15th november

Im still more excited by the maiden dvd, last time i got excited before they released something was "No prayer for the dying" lets hope its doesnt turn out like that did ..

Looks like the official website has confirmed it, 15th Nov. is the date!

But why does play.com have 22nd Nov. on their "due to realese"?

Never mind all that, The iron maiden dvd is out now, more mullets in the crowds than you can shake a fender bass at.

Mick, you need this DVD. all the live footage thats was only clipped in 12 wasted years basically. even 45 minutes of a gig at the ruskin arms, the bass sound in beast over hammersmith is only savage. :Spin:

dvd drives arent region free, if you want to make it region free you can dl certain utilities, specific to the drive model that change the drives programmable memory and then you have to use another program to get around the region locking in windows.
dunno if the PAL problem applies to dvd drives

dunno bout PS2 but i reckon its the same deal too

ATARI said:
Are DVD drives or ps2 dvd playing region free?

i don't think so. to either case. i seem to recall a pal back home trying to do something to his ps2 to make it region free because he wanted to watch some silly japanese dvd. this was a few years ago though, maybe things changed?

It's amazing how you can further confuse the otherwise totally unintelligible with this "I recall a pal with pal" thing, frustrating :bah:

korsfarer said:
i don't think so. to either case. i seem to recall a pal back home trying to do something to his ps2 to make it region free because he wanted to watch some silly japanese dvd. this was a few years ago though, maybe things changed?

if i remember correctly, the dvd is region 0, meaning you can play it with whatever dvd player you want to use including the ps2, the problem is that the dvd will be only pal, meaning that if your dvd player or TV doesnt support it you wont be able to see it.

so to sum up for any more yanks with "danny, can i play this dvd in my toaster" questions

a) the DVD is region free. so regions is not a problem

b) the DVD is in "PAL" format, that might/will cause a problem for NTSC type technology

c) theres this website called google....

Maqus said:
It's amazing how you can further confuse the otherwise totally unintelligible with this "I recall a pal with pal" thing, frustrating :bah:
well, it was only one pal at least. hope that made it a little less confusing?

i don't know how these things work. i'm too broke to buy dvds. i've never had a problem with one working, but i've always used my dvd player in my computer. i dont' even have a tv. :cry: :p