DVD release date?

Cerulean said:
A few weeks ago it was announced that it would be released in late June, that should be in 2 or 3 weeks then. Are there any updates about the date or the content of the DVD?
When I asked Danny a few days ago, he said that it would take some time longer to finish the DVD, but I think it will be worth waiting for it. Better later release date, than half ready.

I haven't readed anything else. May be Danny can give us some good new about this :)

Music industry says Internet is the beginning of the end of music and musicians... well, may be. But I'll buy the DVD, as I bought the other DVD and all Anathema's albums.

I've downloaded some Anathema's songs or videos before. But I've bought it some days after, 'cause I love Anathema and I want to get the official stuff. And because I think is important to support the bands you love. I know bands don't get a big amount of money with CD sales, but... anyway, I think is important.

I think Internet has changed music distribution concept and industry. I hope in near future the bands can distribute their stuff and get a big percent of the sales, not only a 2%, more or less. The bands get money with gigs, not selling albums...

oooopss!! I'm crazy... I thought I was thinking, but I was moving my fingers over the keyboard hehehe. :tickled:

No, I don't have news about the release of the DVD :D

Rantam said:
I haven't readed anything else. May be Danny can give us some good new about this :)

Music industry says Internet is the beginning of the end of music and musicians...

well... I don't think so. It could be the end of music BUSSINESS but no the end of music and musicians. what about all these musicians that only have money for strings and eating after concerts ? I think those can be the best musicians imo, 'cos they are not worried in doin' "that kind of music that can be sold quickly". Now, there are a lot of bands that are distributing their songs for free over the net: just 'cos they love doin music and sharing it. In my opinion, music and money are not good friends.

I'm sure that if anathema hadn't changed their style thy'd be selling a lot more but guy they're really doing better MUSIC now. And this is the most important ... : D

MFN has indeed closed its doors. Well, we received this piece of news @ www.metalchroniques.com so I suppose it's true :

Legendary U.K. record label Music For Nations — current home of OPETH and ANATHEMA and past home of METALLICA, CRADLE OF FILTH, TESTAMENT and countless other metal bands — has officially closed its doors. The company's catalog — which has previously included titles from artists as varied as LOST HORIZON and FRANK ZAPPA — will be folded into parent company Zomba Records Group (the world's largest independent music group).

I don't really care, as long as it doesn't affect the release date. But I'm afraid it will.

(Woaaaah I might be angry if their next record company wouldn't mind paying royalties to Peaceville for the pre-Judgement songs, which would be too late :mad: )

on the official MFN site it says the 28th of June, but Vinnie told me it will take a bit more. I'm not surprised, nowadays everything comes out later than it was planned, but as you said, it's better than sticking to the original schedule and sending out a half-ready release.

Loona said:
on the official MFN site it says the 28th of June, but Vinnie told me it will take a bit more. I'm not surprised, nowadays everything comes out later than it was planned, but as you said, it's better than sticking to the original schedule and sending out a half-ready release.
with the news of MFN being shut down, I wonder if the dvd will ever be released...

Judge gsz said:
with the news of MFN being shut down, I wonder if the dvd will ever be released...
Mmm, this is what the admin of the MFN board has to say

I am going to have to wing this a bit as we haven't been given any kind of official statement yet. We weren't going to saying anything until instructed to do so, but as people have found out something is going on, I'll attempt to clear things up a little.

Yes, we are sad to say that Music For Nations as we know it is closing. Our group of companies was purchased by BMG and they have decided to close down both MFN and Jive UK. It has nothing to do with what amount of money we spent on what band (FYI - InMe are a very successful artist for the company), but (as we understand it) a corporate decision to integrate the labels into the BMG system because it makes sense to them in regard to costs, structure and the way they work.

So what does this mean for the bands on MFN? Well, the truth is, we still have very little information. But what we do know is that BMG will be moving forward with our current release schedule, so you should see things like the InMe and X Is Loaded albums, for example, coming out on BMG. As far as I know, anything that is on the release schedule up until later in this year will be released as planned.

I'm sorry to say that, as this point, we have no idea what will happen to the MFN website, street team or this message board. Please just hold your questions on these issues for the time being and we'll post more info as we have it.

On a more personal note, we here at MFN would like to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for all of your dedication and support. We aren't just some faceless record company who didn't know or care about the music fans of this world. We all love what we do and we have always appreciated every one of you. You guys know quality! It has been a real joy to speak to so many of you on this board, to read your emails and meet so many killer people at the gigs and festivals.

No matter where we all end up, we'll keep it loud and proud! Just remember, hold on to your passion and your beliefs - those can never be taken away from you.

We love you.

yeah, it sounds very touchy, but I'm afraid it won't help... *starting to worry about the DVD...* (and the prices...)
is it only me seeing some similarity with the things happened anno with MFN and Peaceville? Maybe not, but if so than please someone clear this for me.

Risquit said:
Maybe now we can get "Demon of the Fall" on a Lamentations reissue.

Demon was played on that show but it wasnt filmed. so dont expect to have it on a reissue

MFN Admin:

I am going to have to wing this a bit as we haven't been given any kind of official statement yet. We weren't going to saying anything until instructed to do so, but as people have found out something is going on, I'll attempt to clear things up a little.

Yes, we are sad to say that Music For Nations as we know it is closing. Our group of companies was purchased by BMG and they have decided to close down both MFN and Jive UK. It has nothing to do with what amount of money we spent on what band (FYI - InMe are a very successful artist for the company), but (as we understand it) a corporate decision to integrate the labels into the BMG system because it makes sense to them in regard to costs, structure and the way they work.

So what does this mean for the bands on MFN? Well, the truth is, we still have very little information. But what we do know is that BMG will be moving forward with our current release schedule, so you should see things like the InMe and X Is Loaded albums, for example, coming out on BMG. As far as I know, anything that is on the release schedule up until later in this year will be released as planned.

I'm sorry to say that, as this point, we have no idea what will happen to the MFN website, street team or this message board. Please just hold your questions on these issues for the time being and we'll post more info as we have it.

On a more personal note, we here at MFN would like to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for all of your dedication and support. We aren't just some faceless record company who didn't know or care about the music fans of this world. We all love what we do and we have always appreciated every one of you. You guys know quality! It has been a real joy to speak to so many of you on this board, to read your emails and meet so many killer people at the gigs and festivals.

No matter where we all end up, we'll keep it loud and proud! Just remember, hold on to your passion and your beliefs - those can never be taken away from you.

that is what an admin wrote on the mfn boards.

%20CHILD%20PISSING%2025%20K.jpg