Dvd Updates??

Lord Byron

My Uncle Is A Retard
Sep 9, 2005
Ireland
I'm starting to get somewhat impatient waiting for the dvd to be released!! I don't suppose anyone knows anything about a possible release date??

Throw us a bone guys!

I am assuming that the release of this dvd has been pushed back because they are (hopefully) going to include the show where they had all of the special guests with them. That would be awesome! And even more awesome if they gave us some live audio cds of the show (like LIVE CONSTERNATION). That's what I am hoping for at least. Plus they may be planning to use the dvd release to help promote the new album if (God willing) they truly do intend to release the new album by summer like they claim on the homepage.

I'd be not too hopeful about that. Including old tracks would require paying former labels. We might be lucky enough to enjoy Unfurl and Leaders, but not Without God. Would it be better that way? To have something instead of nothing of that concert. :/

I can't imagine that they would wait that long to release this dvd (especially since it wouldn't feature any new songs from the 9th upcoming release). I really think that they are gonna release it before or around the time the new album is to be released to help get fans pumped up for the new album (unless they do not intend to release the new album until the end of the year, which would totally suck since the new Katatonia album is the biggest event I have to look forward to in my sad life at the moment).

A friend who talked to the band at the Stockholm show said that they were planning on co-releasing, or nearly co-releasing the DVD along with the new album. Regardless, the DVD has been effectively done (minus the interviews and bonus material, some of which had to wait for the band to return to Sweden from the US/Opeth tour) for a long time now.

Hopefully the December thing is a worst-case prediction, and they do release it this summer.