Dynamo Open Air

Aug 10, 2003
Amsterdam
Visit site
There will be a DYNAMO-open air this year!!!
The date will be june 5th, bands like Slayer (with Dave Lombardo), Life of agony ,Dimmu Borgir and Children of Bodom are allready confirmed.
This Dynamo needs bands like Testament and Exodus too.
It's the 17th edition of Dynamo this year, Deadly is there any chance that Testament will perform there too?
(I know that you and the band allways loved Dynamo open air).

Testament 4 Ever Motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

congratulations !

finally Dynamo Open Air is back!!!

any idea where will they do the festival this year? (not infront of that old church again i hope...)

good news from Holland !!! :headbang:
dat is geweldig, man!

Demonic Legionaire said:
Dynamo Openair will be in the Goffertpark in Nymegen..
Last year they did the Fields of Rock there.

Good location for a day of metal!:headbang:

absolutely!
im so happy the festival is back!!! good news!! :headbang:

(too bad the Dynamo-Bar is gone huh? were you there for the big last party?)

No wasn't then in Holland at the time..Damn!

Are you going to be there at this years dynamo?
It's not nearby for you...
Uhhm not even close... The States -----> Nijmegen...Woow.
But you can make it a holiday..i mean there's also Waldrock with Testament and Exodus in the same month.:headbang:

no... sadly.
i wont be able to make it to Europe by June, only by the end of July, and then i'm going to Wacken ...
I'd give anything to be in Dynamo again! its one of the best festivals in Europe!

yeah, right now its very far from me, but i used to live in The Netherlands so it wasnt so bad before :lol:

have fun there though! have fun there for all of us! :kickass:

I surely will.. I let you know how it was.

I only hope that there will be some more old-school metal bands like Testament.

But for now it's only Slayer that has my interest.

So you lived in Holland...where did you live?
And did you like it?:headbang:

What other bands have confirmed yet, do you know?
i wonder if Testament, since they are "in the area" already will be offered to play there
;)
damn! now i feel like i NEED to be in Europe by June to be in Dynamo!!!
what year was it that they cancelled it for the first time because of the mad-cow?
ever since then, they have been talking about bringing this amazing festival back!!!
:kickass:

(i lived in Harderwijk, and it was the best place ive ever lived in! )

I've been to 4 Dynamo's......and it's a great festival that Andre puts on......but Wacken has become the best Festival in Europe in recent years........I'm sure Testament, Exodus and alot of other bands would love to play it......but their are alot of if's involved.....no doubt.......so we'll have to wait to see the final lineup.........:confused:

^ absolutely !

im still hoping for Exodus to play in Wacken this year... i had a feeling they will, but acccording to their european tour dates it doesn look promising :(
as for Testament.... since they played last year, i seriously doubt if they will play there again..... :(

Here's The Dynamo Website Link:

http://www.dynamo.nl/indexgb.html

DYNAMO OPEN AIR IS ON!!!

Yes, there will be a Dynamo Open Air this year. The festival will be held for the seventeenth time on SATURDAY JUNE 5th. in the Goffertpark in Nijmegen. Main act at this year's Dynamo will be no other than the mighty SLAYER!!

There will be a total of fourteen bands, appearing on two stages, pretty much in the same set-up as in the year 2000, when Dynamo was held at the same location. Four bands have been confirmed at this time. Besides Slayer we are proud to announce

LIFE OF AGONY, DIMMU BORGIR, NIGHTWISH and CHILDREN OF BODOM.

More names will be added soon. This is just the beginning!. Tickets are 50 euros. The gates will open at 12.00 hours (noon) and the first band goes on at 13.00 hours (1 PM).

More news to follow shortly!!!

Yes Wacken has become a really good festival indeed.

But the Dynamo is just a great classic and did a lot of good things to most metalbands that played over there.
I still hope that Testament or Exodus will come and kick our ass over there.
Chuck brought a visit last year on the holy ground of Dynamo with his wife, this year he must do the same but now on the stage!!

Maybe i am a little bit too greedy wanting to see Testament on Waldrock, Wacken and Dynamo..but hell , you can't see Testament too much is my motto.

:devil:

Oooooooh man me too!!!!!!!!!! That was one of my most favorite gigs of all time - still!!!!!!

Dynamo used to be great (hey I grew up at the Dynamo so I went to all the open airs until 99) but I don't really feel the one day things are the real deal :(
I didn't check their site out yet, so they still can't use that new area they got in Nuenen or something??

To me, Wacken and Bang Your Head have become THE main summerfestivals to me!!

Reactions: Deadly Embrace
Demonic Legionaire said:
........But the Dynamo is just a great classic and did a lot of good things to most metalbands that played over there.
I still hope that Testament or Exodus will come and kick our ass over there.
Chuck brought a visit last year on the holy ground of Dynamo with his wife, this year he must do the same but now on the stage!!

Maybe i am a little bit too greedy wanting to see Testament on Waldrock, Wacken and Dynamo..but hell , you can't see Testament too much is my motto.

:devil:
dynasmalleh.jpg

Yes the Dynamo is indeed classic, has a magic about it, I'll never forget '88, when I was there with Exodus & Laaz Rockit......I had never seen so many people at a Metal show in my life(at that point).......Rick Hunolt called that day "The Best Day in My Life".....it has that affect on Bands & fans alike.....
I remember we stayed at a Hotel within walking distance, that was like a zoo, lots of caged animals around, I can even remember the weather, it was a day I'll never forget!.......The Holy Ground:....I was with Chuck & his wife on that visit to Dynamo last year, we were very surprised to see The Dynamo Club had been torn down, there was a pit in the Earth where it once stood, and a wooden fence encircled the area.......I took photo's of us there, it is like Sacred ground, and we all felt at a loss.............And we had the best Indian Food(One of Chuck & Eric's favorite Tour foods) dinner that night, and after we went to a coffee shop, to smoke & have a Latte', Holland rules, defineatly one of my favorite places in the World!........:worship:

:headbang: Deadly that´s fucking awesome that you remember all the details..
And it´s great that Holland is one of your favourite places around, but remember Holland loves Testament (well at least i do) , you guys are allways welcome man.
And i hope as fuck that i see you at this years Dynamo and that Testament shows Slayer and the other bands that old-school Metal still rulez...Fuck Yeah!!
Metal For ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Reactions: Deadly Embrace