E-Drums - recommendations?

E-Drums require a slightly different technique. You shouldn't play an ekit as hard as you would a real kit, because the ekit doesn't have the dynamic range to truly response to that kind of playing.

But if you're starting out, it's probably not too relevant to you. Just get a kit that is constructed fairly well and has some expansion options. I recommend the Yamaha kits at the moment. They're beating the Roland ones for me. Steer clear of RET drums... they don't respond at all to dynamics, and produce the guffest midi data I've ever seen.

When you get one do the following:

Go into the velocity/gain controls. Hit the pads really hard. Make sure your output velocity is peaking at about 122 - not 127. This gives you a little bit of headroom, and any software anti-machine gun modes will perform better on harder hists.

Love this webpage - - will update the picture in a few,

Question, if you built a 5x11x8 feet high Grow room, (Cut gown medication by 60%, hopefully, Lord Willing, it saved my life, was just wondering, there is supposed to be some type of :AIR: brackets you can download and make your room soundproof, as I would love a LUDWIG Kit. I have a 3 zoneYamaha, DTX750 and liken it to this I think the drums sound better! Although you can really edit Roland, anyway, playing Yamaha is like going to the gym, a bit harder to do fast fast fills, but when you get behind a analog kit=super easy, the opposite IM<HO happens with Roland!

Peace!