Alesis DM5?? E-Drums? Digi 003?

Remy_5150

Aug 31, 2006
Hey guys, to make rehearsing and demo-making alot easier, I got an Alesis E-drum kit with an Alesis DM5 drum module. I have Drumkit From Hell Superior, I think when we record demos I'll use that (and just take MIDI from the E-drums)...but does anyone have any advise about the DM5 module? Any advice about how to make it sound better? What are the better samples on it?
(I'm going to go through all of them myself but I'd like to get some other opinions)

Also, I have a Digi 003R. I want to be able to listen to the e-drums through my monitors without having to open Pro Tools. I used to have a 002 mixer, and it had these "alternate inputs", and even when I was not using Pro Tools, I could press a button, and switch to monitor whatever those were. I'm having trouble finding anything like that on the 003 (the "alternate inputs on the 002 were RCA inputs, there aren't any on the 003R). Does anyone know what I can do?

I'm pretty sure you can plug the L and R outputs of the DM5 into the L and R AUX IN on the back of the 003, and then on the front hit the "Aux in" button. Granted, this is only from reading the manual online whilst researching it, but it should work!