E-MU 1212M PCIe

guitarklown

Sep 2, 2009
So I was really thinking about getting the E-MU 1212M PCIe. I don't have a load of money to spend, and I don't really care much about the MAJOR details cause my ears are f*#@ed from playing drums and not wearing ear plugs.. Annnyway, I was looking for a card with ASIO (I have a X-fi xtreme audio pcie now, P O S stupid ass buy on my part, when using my USB condenser with my buffer set way low, I get this weird digital screeching noise, Matrix style.. I'm guessing it's because i'm using asio4all..) I need Midi input (for slate triggering) and a digital input (my preamp has Digital Out so I wanna take advantage of that.. I'm using my line in now) I think all of my problems would be cured by having a card that actually has ASIO drivers and not emulated ones.. Anyone think the card is a good choice? also, since I have to remove my xtreme audio, will this still function as a regular soundcard if I connect the 2 stereo outs to my monitors? If anyone knows of any others with the same features in the same price range.. I can't see a external soundcard being faster than a PCIe card. I have a Boss GS-10 effects unit that I use as a preamp for my amp / mic setup. I get the digital noise with any USB device I use for audio. my pc is triple core AMD, 3gb ram, running win 7 32 bit.

i'd say go for 1212M!
i had emu 1820 and it worked flawless for many years. it will be a big step forward.
throw away that extreme shit. it wont make you any better. you might also get into driver problems...

but make sure you read the 1212m manual. it has many important general things as well as some card specifics.
just make sure to get to know the card, so you can utilise its full capability.

the 1212M PCIe it`s a good soundcard in it`s price range...
but CREATIVE SoundBlast cards are ok if you consider that the X-fi xtreme is about 50Eu,
I am not shure that the problem is with the soundcard, try to download the latest driver for it from the creative site

Yeah, the 1212 is a good card, I had one for years (still using a 1616, which is the same pci card, the only difference is the break out box). Solid drivers and everything. As far as I know there is no win7 driver for it yet but I am running win7 for half a year now and never had any problems. One of the best cards in that price range if you ask me.

I had a 1212M for a while and I actually miss it sometimes because it had the lowest latency of any interface I have ever used. The sound quality was great too.

Thanks for all the input guys, now I just have to find a place that ships to my little island in Canada for cheap. :D