Earthlink Live Name Change

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
So there is no confusion about Earthlink Live closing, this is from the Atlanta newspaper:

For the city's veteran live music fans, Wednesday's announcement by Rival Entertainment could have been subtitled "Back to the Future." In a press release, it was announced that the concert promoter, producer and venue management group run by Thomas Cook, Josh Antenucci and Lucy Lawler is changing the name of EarthLink Live. Beginning today, the 1,035-capacity Midtown concert venue is changing its name back to its more familiar moniker from the previous millennium, Center Stage.

Rival also runs the complex's 300-capacity Vinyl and the 650-capacity Loft music spaces. Explains Antenucci: "Even after five years, the vast majority of our clientele refer to the theater as Center Stage. It makes perfect sense to go back to the name that music fans know and trust."

Center Stage is a better name....always sounded more like it was Earthlinks live album than a venue anyways.

metalprof said:
Sweet! The next step should be to bring back NWA, WCW, Gordon Solie, and
Mr. Wrestling #2! :)

Ken

Center Stage wasn't used for wrestling til long after the days of 2, I think. WCW started using it in 89, I do believe (Solie was long gone as a primary commentator and just did voiceovers, backstage interviews, and "magazine" segments), and before that they used that small Techwood Drive studio (the one with the flags if I am remembering correctly).

Van Earl Wright's voice (I think that was his name) on the upcoming house show commercials was priceless though. "Lex Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuger...."

oh how I miss the good ol days of the NWA... with the Four Horsemen, Dusty Rhodes, 'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff, Barry Windham, Lex Luger, Sting, The Road Warriors, and my favorite: 'the Enforcer' Arn Anderson.

*wipes a tear away* ... oh man, don't get me started. :worship:

Yeah, saw this email . .
4de24cd2a.gif

Rider of Theli said:
oh how I miss the good ol days of the NWA... with the Four Horsemen, Dusty Rhodes, 'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff, Barry Windham, Lex Luger, Sting, The Road Warriors, and my favorite: 'the Enforcer' Arn Anderson.

*wipes a tear away* ... oh man, don't get me started. :worship:
can't forget Chris Benoit, and Bill Goldberg, and all the rest that started there especially WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the Nature boy Ric Flair, and the Freebirds(Micheal PS HAYES), tojo Yamamoto, Dick slater, damn i could go on and on.

Pyramaze51 said:
can't forget Chris Benoit, and Bill Goldberg, and all the rest that started there especially WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the Nature boy Ric Flair, and the Freebirds(Micheal PS HAYES), tojo Yamamoto, Dick slater, damn i could go on and on.

Not sure about Slater, but for the rest, Goldberg's the only one on your list that started there. :)

Harvester said:
Explains Antenucci: "Even after five years, the vast majority of our clientele refer to the theater as Center Stage. It makes perfect sense to go back to the name that music fans know and trust."

Lol... call me crazy, but I think "Earthlink is no longer paying us" is a much stronger motivation for changing the name than "the vast majority of our clientele refer to the theater as Center Stage". :heh:

SavaVIDude said:
:cool:

DOES THIS MEAN THEY WILL PUT FUCKING LIGHTS ON THE STAIRS?? :heh:

Chris :headbang:

I loved that comment!!!!!! All we can do is pray at this point :)

BTW, did anyone warn the PP first-timers about the stairs. It should be a Public Service Announcement.