East Coast Tour and a Big Thanks!

whitecluster69

Dark Horizons
Feb 8, 2004
bandcamp.com
I haven't posted here before, but I figured I would now after seeing both the Baltimore and Springfield, VA, shows. If you had the chance to see this east coast tour, make sure you show a little love and thank the guys for finally making it back here. I've been fortunate to see them at each ProgPower USA, but I've been waiting a long time for them play the DC area. They absolutely smoked both nights and played a great set list of songs from each release.

So, a big thanks to ZH and all the other bands for providing a short but awesome tour.

John

Big Thanks Zero Hour!!!! You guys are incredible! "I fall down on my knees in awe!" You know I love you all and feel honored to know you and watch you play. I wish I could see you play every weekend!! Take care and I look forward to seeing you soon!
oxox
Barb

I haven't posted here before, but I figured I would now after seeing both the Baltimore and Springfield, VA, shows. If you had the chance to see this east coast tour, make sure you show a little love and thank the guys for finally making it back here. I've been fortunate to see them at each ProgPower USA, but I've been waiting a long time for them play the DC area. They absolutely smoked both nights and played a great set list of songs from each release.

They were absolutely crushing at Jaxx. :headbang:

Damn! Wish I could have been there. Lets hope they have won a whole lot of new fans. If any band deserves it, it is Zero Hour.

A HUGE, HUGE, HUGE thanks from Odin's Court to Zero Hour! We had an absolute blast getting to know you katz, and you are equally amazing as people as you are musicians! It was very sad to leave you - by Sunday night it felt like we were all family. :(

Keep up the good work! You guys deserve huge success! Looking forward to seeing you guys again sometime!

From my post in the PP forum:

Now that I'm marginally more awake than I was yesterday... :lol:

I, too, would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to Zero Hour for providing such an awesome opportunity for us and letting us play the shows with them. When I found them on the interenet back around 98-99, I instantly loved their music. They were one of the primary draws for me at PP1! If anyone had suggested that one day in the future I'd driving 1500+ miles with these guys to play some shows, I would've laughed in their face. ;) I'm SO glad that I wrong! Not only are they extremely talented, they are some of the nicest guys I have ever met and can't imagine a better band to tour with. I have played shows with bands that could barely play three chords and they had rock star attitudes, these guys are all top-notch musicians and you won't find the slightest bit of that attitude with them! I feel so honored to have shared the stage with these guys!

I also want to thank the number of people I met at the various shows from this forum! It was like a traveling mini-ProgPower! I know I should've written things down as time went along so I wouldn't forget, but I didn't. :(

Metalsped (Rich), it was great meeting you in Worcester! I know there were a few others, but I didn't write things down and after all the late nights and driving, my brain is fried.

At Jaxx, it was great seeing all the usual crew: Kez, Division, Dr. Metal, Jason B., Matt, Andrea, Keith and Lori from Rising Forces USA, Encompass, Brave, and many more others that I am failing to recall right now.

And at The Hook, AMBR, Dave, and Michelle from Beyond Ear Candy - you guys ROCK, thanks for the support! Zod and wife (or GF) Paula - dude, it was great seeing you again and singing along some ZH with you guys. Thanks for kind words about my playing -- it really means al lot to me coming from you! Of course, I can't forget Ken and Milton since we were all going crazy up there! :kickass: Nice job on vox there Milton! I can't wait to hear your projects (you too Ken). Christina R. it was nice to see you again, I can't wait to see your pictures! Kaosaur, no problem dude, I thought you were someone else I knew with the PP7 shirt on. Wish we had more time to talk later. Gregg and the rest in Suspyre, nice set! Same goes to The Void. Last, but not least... Savabich2 - THANK YOU so much for the kind words about our set! I personally think that ZH rocks, but I can't say that I mind hearing someone gush about my band either! :) I really wish you had introduced yourself though. If you did, I'll chalk that up to old age! :p

A big thanks goes out the guys in Division for letting us borrow your drummer, James! Dude, you did a great job of learning a bunch of our material in a short period of time -- especially since it is so stylistically different from Division!

I also have to acknowledge my band mate and good friend, Matt Brookins! Dude, thanks so much for working so hard and all the frustrations you endured booking the shows! I know you worked very hard. And it didn't stop with the booking, it went through to the very end with all the other necessary stuff to make sure things happened! Now that all this is behind us, I can't wait to start working on the next chapter in Odin's Court history with you - starting with the new CD!

After so much driving and staying up late, I'm fairly exhausted, but I'd do it all over again in a second! Going back to work today TOTALLY SUCKED!! I was already tired and going through music withdrawl, so to go back to the corporate bullshit world and geek out with computer programming, it really underscored to me how much I wish I was able to play music for a living!

Once again, thanks to Zero Hour and all the fans that came out to the shows and supported us! In the immortal words of the Tipton's, YOU KATS RULE!!!

Right on John and thanks so much brutha for coming to both shows. It was awesome meeting you and we had a great time at Jaxx!!

Matt, Rick and Barb....What can I say that I haven't said. I just can't wait to do this all again and you all were so awesome....ODIN'S COURT RULES!!

Eaeolian and NODLESATF...YOU KATS SHRED and Divsion Rocked.

Kenneth R I was so STOKED to meet you my brutha and you're just the coolest kat ever. We're METAL-BRO'S for life.

HAWK....We'll be seeing you soon METAL-BRO.....IT WILL RULE!!

Jasun

All the bands were awesome at Jaxx. It was definitely one of the better experiences I've had there in a very long time. Let's hope for the same tonight with Katatonia finally making it to DC after all these years.