Zero Hour East Coast Tour!

The Worcester show was AWESOME! I assume.

Sadly, a suicide in the family kept me from tonight's show. :cry: I did do as much promotion as I could so hopefully that helped. :kickass:

Wow!! Thats sad man. I can only imagine how sad and disappointed you must feel. :(

It is terrible because it was my 20-year old cousin who was a phenomenal musician and had NO outward signs of depression or anything! Everyone is shocked. He didn't do drugs or anything like that either.

Moreover, he hanged himself, but could have saved himself. He stepped off a bench and dropped about an inch, so I was told. He didn't break his neck or anything. He was alive. All he had to do was step back and he could have saved himself, but for some reason he was so determined to die that he just basically suffocated to death. That's almost like taking a bath and drowning yourself. How could someone do that? It's baffling.

But anyway, I don't want to bring this thread down. How was the Worcester show? I hope there was a good turnout and it kicked ass!

It is terrible because it was my 20-year old cousin who was a phenomenal musician and had NO outward signs of depression or anything! Everyone is shocked. He didn't do drugs or anything like that either.

Moreover, he hanged himself, but could have saved himself. He stepped off a bench and dropped about an inch, so I was told. He didn't break his neck or anything. He was alive. All he had to do was step back and he could have saved himself, but for some reason he was so determined to die that he just basically suffocated to death. That's almost like taking a bath and drowning yourself. How could someone do that? It's baffling.

But anyway, I don't want to bring this thread down. How was the Worcester show? I hope there was a good turnout and it kicked ass!

Hey dude,

First of all, my sincerest thoughts go out to you and your family! That is terrible news and I wish everyone well. And no your not dragging things down. This is like part of your extended family and it caused you to miss this show, so its relavent news.

Anyhow, I had a GREAT time! Everyone who came out was extremely supportive and man, this had to be one of the nicest crowds I have ever played for. Zero Hour was COMPELTELY AWESOME!! Even after driving over 7 hous and part of that through Hartford rush hour, setting up, playing, moving stuff around, as soon as they started playing, as usual, I couldn't help myself and went nuts to their set. I know I was standing up on the front line, I only got to tie one person's screen ID to their face and that was Metalsped. Hey dude, it was great meeting you - glad you made it out! Since I met so many people and didn't tie any more names together with faces here, who else did I meet? :lol:

Unfortunately, they only got to play for 30 minutes because the sound system there was a bit of a pain to give ZH the proper kind of monitor mix quickly. :( It still wasn't great, but they plowed right through and delivered a high quality set. As a result, that delay ate into their set time.

Here's the set list (from memory):
Specs
Evidence of the Unseen
Falcon's Cry
Stratagem

They will get to play their full 80-90 minutes tomorrow (tonight?) at Jaxx! Brooklyn should be killer too! I'm hoping that they get a full set there too. Unless that club closes at 10, I expect that they will get their full set.

We all had an excruciating 8 hour drive to my house today! It started out great, but we hit an hour delay on 81 south in PA about 100 miles from my house. :( We all endured though and I have to say that these guys have to be the best band one could EVER want to tour with! They really are the nicest people and funny as shit too!!

Perhaps it may be worth driving to Brooklyn -- live music is great for healing the soul! I truly believe that! Hope that you make it and I really hope that you and your family find peace quickly!

METAL!!!

see you all TOMORROW NIGHT in brooklyn!! I will be wearing a longsleave Opeth shirt (cause my friend wanted me to, so that i'd be recognizable :lol: ) and i will be IN THE FRONT :kickass:

That show was friggan awesome last night, and Zero Hour certainly delivered. It was great to see all my friends from Division (that was one totally KICK-ASS set!), Odin's Court, and Encompass as well as many of my friends from the audiance (we had to take up the "DVD positions" during Odin's Court set - that is the, same spots we had during the DVD shoot!). Also, the guys in Zero Hour were just a great bunch of guys to hang out with as well. Hell, I thought that was awesome that Chris remembered seeing me at ProgPower! In a away, this was kinda like a "mini-ProgPower" last night. I hope we get to do this again!

I got a ton of pictures, but now to get them up on my PhotoBucket site :ill: .

Unfortunatly, after such an awesome show, I ended up fucking up my still practically new 2005 Saturn ION on the way home. Only about 10 miles from my front door, a gust of wind buffeted my car and ended up skidding out in some standing water (it was raining to beat hell on the way home). Kissed the damn guard rail and pretty much fucked up that whole right-side of my car. :mad: Although I could not really get a good look, being on the interstate and raining so hard, but from what I could see, it appears to be mostly cosmetic - in that the damaged body panels could hopefully be replaced. The engine was still running and the stereo was still playing (Labryinth - Sons of Thunder through the iPod interface in my Alpine deck). At least I was not injured at all, just pissed at now having to spend money that I shouldn't have to and deal with all the hassles of insurance claims and getting the car fixed. Not only that, the friggan cop had to write me a ticket for Reckless Driving. He even told me he did not want to do it, but the law required him to. He said the judge almost always either dismisses it outright or busts it down to an "improper driving" offense - a very minor offense, in these types of situations. But like "Eyesore" (sorry about your cousin man!), I don't want to drag this down either.

Anyway, thanks for an awesome show last night guys and looking forward to hearing about the New York show (which, obviously now, I really cannot make).

Hey, just wanna add in my praise for the show last night by all concerned. Everyone on the bill kicked maximum ass. After seeing Zero Hour for the first time last night, I have this strange urge to practice guitar for about 22 hours per day... :)