Eddie Trunk - words of wisdom on the Anthrax situation.

...because (1) the Big Four shows will be the most important shows of their career, (2) they hadn't been able to pin down Joey, and (3) Bush was contractually obligated to sing at those shows.

I wish what you are saying was true, but there's no greater bushthrax fans than Ian & Charlie. Bush knows they are scumbags and doesn't want to come back, Joey knows it's his place and is willing to take it for as long as he can get it. Hopefully we'll get a new album with Joey out of this before it falls out. A classic thrax album is the only that can restore their integrity in the metal community.

He's makes some good points but the 2005 reintroduction of Joey was not meant to be a one-off, not by any stretch of the imagination.

The original plan was for a tour with Bush and Joey. At that point I think it was definately meant as a one-off. I seem to remember Anthrax telling the press they wanted Busg back when the time came for a new album.

6er You state things as fact. Like you are in the band or something. Im sorry kid but your credibility needs some validation before anyones takin your posts above any other "opinions" posted here. Honestly not tryin to take a shot at you, just if you want us to take your word as fact ............

6er You state things as fact. Like you are in the band or something. Im sorry kid but your credibility needs some validation before anyones takin your posts above any other "opinions" posted here. Honestly not tryin to take a shot at you, just if you want us to take your word as fact ............

Well to be honest you just have to look up some of the footage of Dan in Anthrax and you'll hear his range is lower/deeper and he does struggle with the high notes. Bush also struggled with the Belladonna material which is why I believe Anthrax tuned their guitars lower when they played that stuff with Bush. Nothing strange about it it really people have different voacal ranges.

I've been right so far. It's fun to watch NotHeads, esp. the BushThrax ninnies, eat crow.

What have you been right about? You said Joey would be rejoining, but there were already rumours and suggestions about it on here.
So unless you also posted something we know turned out to be true, I don't see how you have any more of an inside source than anyone else that reads the internet.

so was anthrax just in a financial hole with Bush? is that why the reunion? why did Frank leave during the WCFYA tour and come back for the reunion? I am all the more confused

Pretty much. Either BushThrax fans were cheapskates or there weren't enough of them.
Because Anthrax wasn't making money, he decided to play solely for the love of playing. He left to join Helmet, a (supposedly) more bass-friendly band.

It probably had more to do with the fistfight that he and his uncle Charlie got into.

It probably had more to do with the fistfight that he and his uncle Charlie got into. -- wha?

I appreciate that anthrax all have to eat but again while I see the short term, perhaps significant, financial gains of the big 4 shows, I don't see Anthrax having a golden future with either singer.

Dan struggled to hit the high notes live, even on the new songs. Joey will certainly have an easier time with it.

LOL How do you know he struggled to hit notes on his own songs? Do you know what the actual notes on the studio versions even sounded like? Just because someone has some grit to their voice, it doesn't mean they are struggling.

Charlie was telling people he missed John Bush during the reunion tour. And Scott always talked about how he wanted to do a proper followup to WCFYA (with that lineup). I doubt the reunion tour was ever meant to be permanent.

And I doubt Joey was hard to "pin down" and that they were trying to get him back all of this time. Joey himself said it happened in 2 days and he was surprised they even wanted him back.

He was playing bowling alleys - he really would not have been hard to pin down lol

Pretty much. Either BushThrax fans were cheapskates or there weren't enough of them.
Because Anthrax wasn't making money, he decided to play solely for the love of playing. He left to join Helmet, a (supposedly) more bass-friendly band.

This is far from the reason he left the band. far far far from the reason. Fact.

Charlie was telling people he missed John Bush during the reunion tour. And Scott always talked about how he wanted to do a proper followup to WCFYA (with that lineup). I doubt the reunion tour was ever meant to be permanent.

And I doubt Joey was hard to "pin down" and that they were trying to get him back all of this time. Joey himself said it happened in 2 days and he was surprised they even wanted him back.

He was playing bowling alleys - he really would not have been hard to pin down lol

This is the truth.