Edge of Sanity Question

Trooper_of_Bodom

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2002
Visit site
Hi, I'm a new fan to the band and I was wondering.

I was reading the liner notes on Crimson 2 (the first CD I bought by them) and it says dan plays guitar bass and keyboards etc. And with special guests blah blah...

Anyways, my question is: Is Dan the only real member of the band and he just plays with special guests or what? Could osmeone explain? Thanks.

Trooper_of_Bodom said:
Hi, I'm a new fan to the band and I was wondering.

I was reading the liner notes on Crimson 2 (the first CD I bought by them) and it says dan plays guitar bass and keyboards etc. And with special guests blah blah...

Anyways, my question is: Is Dan the only real member of the band and he just plays with special guests or what? Could osmeone explain? Thanks.

In the beginning Edge of Sanity was a band with the normal amount of members. Dan was the singer in the beginning. The released their first album in 1989 I think. There was always like two camps in the band. Dan and the others. Their musical taste was very different, so after the album "Infernal" (1999 ?)Dan quit his job there. They released an album without him, and Crimson 2 is the album without the others. It's his farewell to Edge of Sanity.

As Unicorn stated.If you want to get more into EoS then check out Crimson 1,The spectral sorrows and Infernal(IMO) but it's got very different elements that C2 doesn't have,but if you liked C2 then check out Pan Thy Monium,Nightingale and of course the always good Moontower,all those are Dan's work.

Edge of Sanity started out basically as a classic style Swedish Death metal band, in the vein of old unleashed and Entombed. Then as time went on Dan, who basically controlled the bands evolution, decided to add alot of progressive and melodic elements into the band. One thing I like about EOS is that you can still recognize it as the same band from the first album, even on crimson II. Anyway eventually Dan decided that the other members didnt fit his vision of the band and decided to continue it on his own. At first he failed because the other members claimed the band name and made their own album without Dan. However, that album sold so badly that Blackmark ended up giving the deal to Dan and allowed him to make his Crimson II. He does every instrumnent cept a few special guests. Does this help?