Edguy - Hellfire Club - Album Of The Fucking Century!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Ok, I know the majority of you here are death metal heads and don't care for bands like this so if thats the case move on. As for the rest who are into traditional/power metal like me (well im into everything... power, black, thrash, death, progressive, traditional) DO YOU HAVE THIS ALBUM YET!

I got this album two weeks before its initial release date from the End Records and never in my life has an album hit me so hard, so fast. This band is no longer in the minor leagues and ready to be ranked with the genres top bands like Helloween, Blind Guardian and Iced Earth. If you ask me Edguy is the current day answer to Iron Maiden in their prime. Tobias Sammet is an amazing vocalist very much reminding you of Bruce Dickinson but without being a rip off of him either. The band plays so tight and the songs are so well crafted that its almost too good to be true. The band has released many great albums in the past but this is it. THIS IS THE ONE!

The album kicks off with Mysteria. A very heavy yet fun track welcoming you to what will when the smoke clears be a heavy metal masterpiece. Following the first song is The Piper Never Dies, an amazing epic 10 minute plus song. This song takes you on a journey and allows you to kick back and float off as the band takes you away. We Don't Need A Hero is next and a traditional Edguy headbanger. Following that is one of my favorite songs on the album Down To The Devil. Great chorus, great melody, so catchy that even if you sit home all day listening to Vital Remains and Cattle Decapitation you will be singing along. The next tune is also the first single King Of Fools. It is songs like this which make me wonder why MTV, radio and the media in general is sleeping on this stuff. Songs like this can really play a major role in breaking in the European metal scene in here in America. Under The Moon, Lavatory Love Machine and Rise Of Morning Glory are the next three. All awesome song, Lavatory Love Machine will be the next single accompanied by a video. Hilarious song, really shows off the fun side to the band. If MTV doesnt pick up on this one or American radio there is a problem here. Then comes my favorite song on the album NAVIGATOR. This song is clearly what tells me Edguy are the next Iron Maiden and are even ready to go beyond that. Of course coincidently Iron Maiden has a song called Ghost Of The Navigator but believe me if you like Iron Maiden you will love this Edguy tune Navigator and its the song that makes me realize Edguy is ready to rule the world of heavy metal. The album closes up with the ballad The Spirit Will Remain.

Thats not all, two bonus tracks my friends. The first one is Children Of Steel which Edguy originally wrote in 1994 and recently rerecorded. This shows this band was still writing ultra heavy stuff and kicking ass when power metal wasnt even popular in Europe yet. I get the chills when Tobias sings "Raise your fucking fists!" Killer stuff. The final bonus track is the song that kicks off the album Mysteria but with MILLE PETROZZA from KREATOR on guest vocals. Him and Tobias trade off verses and what you get is an even heavier fulfilling of the original. Petrozza sounds so evil and so insane and so extreme. You wouldnt think a power metal band like Edguy and a thrash metal band like Kreator can come together but they do and the end result is absolutely amazing. KILLER KILLER STUFF.

Buy this album, give it a listen, do something - HEAVY FUCKING METAL.