EDGUY IN DETROIT: Roll call!

Bryan316

METAL... nuff said!
Allright, if you've listened to the Sampler discs yet, you'll know what Dendura sounds like. Allow me to say, that was a WEEEEAAAAK sample of their material! Not only because of songwriting, but sound-quality as well. They will be far heavier, and much more exotic in their sound once you catch them tonight.

Miles Beyond is on as well, and I gotta fill in on bass for them tonight. I'M SHARING MY FAVORITE STAGE WITH TOBIAS FUCKING SAMMETT!!! You should remember their sampler disc song "A Call To Odin" from a few years back, and seeing them at Swordlord's productions with Gamma Ray and Kamelot. Folks, if I didn't already have a band that I loved, I'd jump on board with MB instantly. Easily my favorite band in all of Michigan, and they truly deserve to hit the big time. Just wait until they release their second album, it's a huuuuge sound! Can you tell I'm biased???

I'm still not even sure who the hell is actually touring with Edguy for tonight, last word we got was Susperia, not Echoes of Eternity. I'm clueless. I'm walking in blind and deaf in either case, and plan on a pleasant suprise.

Andy Laudano is apparently camped out in a hotel room as I type this, hopefully Detroit Metro Airport's customs officers didn't send his ass back to Amsterdam or something. I'ma get the fuck outta work ASAP, load my gear, grab him from his hotel and haul ass in the name of METAAAAAAAL!!! That poor soul, he knows not what will happen to him tonight.... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Lemme know if you're coming to the show. I know Connie is making it, Erik from Windsor, I think Ed, and aww CRAP I forgot who else said they were planning it.... ARGH fuck work I need to be blasting more Pagan's Mind damnit... oh the day when I can say "Hey come see the Pagan's Mind show in Detroit with me!"

Those who are on the fence about making the drive to the show tonight, Miles Beyond will have very discounted tickets to sell outside! You'll get your socks rocked, and we can relive the weekend for one more night!!!

John, you've still got time to book a flight, you wussy!!!

Ugh!!! We have no new material recorded yet so we were like should we shouldnt we?!!! It's a shame we dont have the dual guitars on that cd as Paul Stein wasn't in the band yet when that album was done.... still love that darn song Symphony though.... obviously, our next cd will have a nicer budget.. thanks for the props!

ARGH DAMNIT I WANT TO BE AT THIS SHOW!! How come ANDY gets to see all my favorite peeps at my favorite venue and I DONT?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't even explain how irritated I am to be missing this but also know that one of my Dallas pals is there and that I could have made the same arrangements, but didn't. SH*T!

Have a good one, Bryan! Say hi to Steve the owner for me! And have one of those Jager/Tequilla Rose shots too! :heh:

ARGH DAMNIT I WANT TO BE AT THIS SHOW!! How come ANDY gets to see all my favorite peeps at my favorite venue and I DONT?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't even explain how irritated I am to be missing this but also know that one of my Dallas pals is there and that I could have made the same arrangements, but didn't. SH*T!

Have a good one, Bryan! Say hi to Steve the owner for me! And have one of those Jager/Tequilla Rose shots too! :heh:

She was too embarassed to tell the truth. She was stopped at the Michigan border and was told she had the wrong papers. She was turned right around and deported back to Texas. :lol::lol:

This show kicked so much ass for so many reasons ....

1) Once I found out there was no Texas dates for Edguy, I could have picked any city on the tour to go to. I picked Detroit because Miles Beyond was opening! These guys are amazing! I first saw them open for Gamma Ray in Minnesota. I'm telling you Shane - these guys need to play the Showcase!

2) Everyone that told me about this club (Tammy, Brian, John Macaluso) were 100% right - The I-Rock is the coolest club I've ever been to!!:headbang: I spent hours looking at all the memorabelia. I started at one wall and worked my way around the entire club. This is what The Hard Rock Cafe and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should look like. Both those other places let me down, The I-Rock didn't!

3) Edguy was awesome! Played all the stuff I wanted to hear (Sorry but I liked Rocket Ride) including "Fucking With Fire" which I haven't seen on other set lists that were posted! Tobi sounded amazing and the band was on! Tobi was hysterical as well, teasing poor Felix unmercifully. This band knows how to have a good time onstage. They also know how to treat their fans offstage as they made plenty of time for autographs and photos.

4) Hanging out with friends, Tod - thanks for the invite and the room, Brian - thanks for being my chauffer all day. I owe you guys big time!

I picked Detroit because Miles Beyond was opening! These guys are amazing! I first saw them open for Gamma Ray in Minnesota. I'm telling you Shane - these guys need to play the Showcase!
I've been sayin' this!

2) Everyone that told me about this club (Tammy, Brian, John Macaluso) were 100% right - The I-Rock is the coolest club I've ever been to!!:headbang:
Told ya so! Glad I had back up! :lol:

What did you think of Dendura?

Dendura was so much better than I remembered them. Roger and Jeremy saw them just a few weeks ago, I was far too busy to go along for it so I totally missed out, but Monday night was a really good show. They're so much better than the sampler disc reveals. I know I know, they want to make new recordings, and that'll really help em once they get them done, cuz with a second guitarist now it's gonna add so many new variables and fatten up the sound. Plus the old songs themselves can get two-guitar treatments and expand the songwriting process. So it's just gonna be a patience game until they can get new material for us all. And then it's gonna be a rollercoaster for them!!! \m/ \m/

What did you think of Dendura?

They were all right. I was totally unfamilliar with them and just coming off a mind blowing experience from all the amazing bands I saw at ProgPower so I'm not sure I really gave them a fair listen. They were by far better than the band that played after them and before Edguy though.

Wow guys thank you! I really, really cannot wait for you to hear the new recordings and songs off the album... we will be performing a new song at our Orbit Room gig in Grand Rapids that will be on the new album and we'll put it on our myspace pg when it's done or on youtube. I had no idea how that show really went at the I Rock cuz I could not hear my vocals at all (even with ear plugs in my ears and sayin please vocals up in monitor), so feedback is great no matter what it being... we had it recorded but I havent seen that back yet to judge. Ugh, I am anxious to show case the new material.... were writing like machines right now... Thanks for the continued support, here's a couple pics!! I was also very fortunate to have met Amanda Somverille. For those who don't know her, she is a vocal coach and singer in Germany but from Flint, MI, who done the choirs on one of Edguys albums, After Forever, Epica and a bunch more. She was at the show supporting them.

irockband.jpg

irockpaulabida.jpg

AzizaandAmanda.jpg

Amanda Somverville w/ me! yeah!

Resurrecting an old thread.

Played this show opening for edguy - and going to be at Wacken Open Air in 3 weeks with AVANTASIA.

\m/

• Wow
Reactions: KingsGene