Egyptian Metal Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
the link that you'd given is not working man .. ?? for a egyptian band ?? i m worring so much to listen.. send us some mp3's links directly ok?

GoddessHecate said:
Hey, that's cool, you are from egypt? Is metal music and western culture frowned upon there? Are you given freedom to listen to whatever you want and freedom to think for yourself?

not yet as i knew from our lessons.. but it will be one day i hope :ill: they must take our country as one's model for that i think .!

SWEET NIGHTMARE said:
HEY GUYS, MANY OF YOU THINK THAT EGYPT IS A BEDOUIN COUNTRY AND THAT WE'RE STILL RIDIN CAMELS AND LIVIVN IN TENTS :ill: . THIS'S COMPLETELY WRONG, THERE R LOADS OF METAL HEADS IN EGYPT AND LOADS OF METAL BANDS TOO. SO FORGET WAT UR MEDIA AND PRESS SAY. :hotjump:
Dude hook us up with some emails cuz I got a metalhead mate in Egypt who seems to believe he's the only one in Cairo. He's like my little bro so I'd love to introduce him to some ppl who can convince him metal's not dead in Egypt.

Is LOT... no LOADS... anyway... what happens in the countries where the people believe in ALA and all that things... Can the Metalheads walk with a nice AA t-shirt... or they just decapitate you????... for to be an unloyal bastard with Ala... hahaha... well... That!...

You probably could walk around with an AA t-shirt without any problems. However if, for example, you're at a bar or somethign and a fight errupts. I think there's a chance the (not so bright) Egyptian authorities will be biased and just take you in or something, then again that *could* happen in many places, not only Muslim countries. But I've worn my Opeth shirt in Egypt before and I saw a guy wearing a Slipknot shirt once, so it isn't too bad.

My Chemistry teacher is egptian. He lokks like a dark mini-Kerry King with his long beard and all. So I guess they haave metal there too.

Did anyone hear thet BBC programme about Iranian Death Metal? They interviewed some band from Teheran or something - now that's a place where you really would get stoned to death for listening to even, like AC/DC!

I thought that islam was such a peace loving religion ... much like christianity they will both bring their own demise upon themselves and their people.
I am not surprised about Iran ... their new leader just passed a law where any western music has been made illegal as it does not follow the way of the Koran.

Its funny how all books were burned in spain when the moslems took over, because either a book went against the quoran, and then ofcourse it had to be annhiliated, or it said something which had already been stated in the quoran - and thus it became superfluos.

My stepfather is Algerian and that's how I have an "Arab connection"...I was in Algeria last week but no time check out the metal scene out there. I know there are some metal bands there however.

I'm a big fan of Nile. I also like Melechesh, they are more inspired by Babylon (Iraq). I have a cd of Orphaned Land but they're a bit too religiously inspired to my liking...

I'm sure there are Egyptian metal bands but I don't know any. It would be interesting to check them out.
BTW, I'm watching a documentary on Tutankhamon more or less right now...so two kinds of "amon" at the same time!!

Fimbul-Winter said:
Egypt = Desert

Lamest quote ever :tickled:

There're Metal bands in every single Middle Eastern country including Saudia Arabia, and I'm not talking about NuMetal and that kind of shit, I mean Black, Death, Thrash, Heavy, all of them
And no, you won't get arrested for listening to metal, this is so stupid
By the way, it's true that Egypt is an Islamic country but there're other religions such as Christianity, Paganism, Judaism or even Atheism

Whatever................. Amon Amarth owns :hotjump:

MourningPalace said:
Hail..Guys Im New Here Im From Egypt There Is A Band Here Called Barzakh They R Our Friends They R Great They Play Thrash Metal And I Swear That They Were Playin Death Band Album That One Called Sympolic But They Didnt Have The Chance :S 2 Listen 2 Them http://www.rock4rock.com/index.php?showtopic=474

And By The Way I Know ODIOUS They Are Great And There Is A Lot Of Bands Here We Have A BAnd Called Mascara And They R Gurlz :headbang:

hey guys, i want you all to appreciate the trouble this dude went through to type in a capital letter for the first letter of every single word!
and thank god Mascara is a girl's band considering mascara is eye lash make-up.

Btw, here in istanbul, Amon Amorth performed too in rockthenations fest and they were really great... well, it was during a summer day in an open air venue and the sun was damn bright but it couldn't stop us.

I think, the cold storm of Amon Amarth can hit to Egypt too and make arabian metallers to have fun too. Here sometimes i see some metallers who come concerts from other arab countries Lebanon or Syria in Istanbul. If there are people who are ready to take that distance, i believe that there are lots of them in their countries.

And there are many death/grindcore/blackmetal bands in Turkey which can be considered as a "middle eastern country".

Status
Not open for further replies.