Electric Drumkits

Benzine

.flaps
Jun 13, 2003
Waltham-on-the-wolds, England
I'm looking to get an electric drumkit. Wondered if anyone has had any experiences with them or can recommend any kits. I have played a few in a music shop and liked them a lot and i am going to get one for many reasons, one being sound reduction so i can have it in my room and another being novelty value :)

Benzine said:
I'm looking to get an electric drumkit. Wondered if anyone has had any experiences with them or can recommend any kits. I have played a few in a music shop and liked them a lot and i am going to get one for many reasons, one being sound reduction so i can have it in my room and another being novelty value :)
I work with a drummer who has a Roland Session set and he likes it a lot. He says that it is much easier to play than an acoustic kit because you don't have to hit quite as hard to get the same volume. Also the heads are very responsive. He gigs out with it quite a bit and has managed to take advantage of making up a bunch of his own kits for different songs etc. He did have a problem monitoring his sound sometimes so he stuck a monitor behind him so he can hear himself play. Pretty weird thing for a drummer to say. As far as recommendations I think Roland prolly has the best sound set. As far as hardware you can probably get more bang for the buck if you go with Hart or Pintech.

i watched a drummer with electric skins and metal cybals, this is also an option, because when i hear he cybals of electric drums, they just sound like crap.