Electonic Drums Question

vincentgun

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2010
Hey guys im gettin electric drums an i was gonna get one with double kicks. all the double kick drumkits cost a shitload so as an alternative i was wonderin if i purchased maybe a $400 electric drumkit from ebay with a single kick and then buy the double kick individually, will that work out? like would the kick pad on the electric drums still trigger with a different kick?

If the bassdrum pad on the kit is large enough to fit the two beaters it is going to work. If you check the pad in question on the official site of the product it will probably say if it is compatible with double-pedal.
You may want to post a pic of the pad here just to be sure.

281-med.png

THis is a pic of the legacy dd501. Also does USB port mean that i can hook the drumkit to my comp and trigger drums for ezdrummer or a drum vst?

Hi! I have the Alesis Trigger IO with the MPS300 kit bundle from thomann, and my opinion is that it is ok and it is in this price range, but i think the alesis modul is significantly better than this.triggers nice and can be modified easy to mesh heads,
Duble kick works fine as well. It is a bit noisy becouse it ships with real drum fells , but after the conversion to mesh heads its a lot quieter.
Hope this helps!