Elizeum- Fields of the Nephilim

Probably one of my favourite goth rock albums ever. I guess the comparison with Pink Floyd holds up as far as the album having a spacey kind of sound. Beyond that, not really. It's dark and beautiful and if you're into gothic music I highly recommend it.

I got the cd on order, at the suggestion of a friend. Getting it through Amazon, at the unbelievable price of $7.57. Was interesting to also learn that "Nephilim" is a biblical race of angel/human hybrids, who were gigantic beings.

My fave studio album by the band. Though if you've never heard the band before, I would actually recommend checking out Earth Inferno first. Definitely one of the greatest live albums ever and an excellent introduction to early Fields of the Nephilim...

The new studio album was actually not bad. Which was surprising given how horrendous Carl McCoy's post-FotN project Zoon was. It doesn't compare to Elizium and The Nephilim though. And their output before that was spotty. Dawnrazor has some great tracks but also some pretty lame ones.

Amazing record, it is not exactly prog-goth but it is heavy on dark atmosphere and excentric vocals, the kind of music that takes you to a different place. The Nephilim is a great album too.

Loved FOTN as a teenager. Dawnrazor and particularly The Nephilim were great records. Elizium didn't really do it for me. Just didn't sound right to my ears.

I've thought about buying Mourning Sun. Can anyone elaborate on the style, lyrics, etc?

evildave said:
Loved FOTN as a teenager. Dawnrazor and particularly The Nephilim were great records. Elizium didn't really do it for me. Just didn't sound right to my ears.

I've thought about buying Mourning Sun. Can anyone elaborate on the style, lyrics, etc?
Yeah, I prefer Dawnrazor becuase it is not overly atmospheric. The new album very atmospheric with long drawn-out songs (7 iirc) but definitely worth checking out. I especially like the song "She", very good mellow song.

Anyone know where I can get some proper Fields tablature, I have searched everywhere but to no avail. I am particularly interested in Dawnrazor tab stuff, esp. Laura II, Slowkill... :)