The Fields of the Nephilim

Einherjar86

Jan 15, 2008
The Ivory Tower
I've never listened to Fields of the Nephilim at all, but I'm really interested in checking them out (especially because I do enjoy various gothic/ gothic folk artists). So please recommend your favorite albums, and feel free to discuss the group!

Praaay noooooooow

also listen to the whole of Elizium, and while we're on a metal forum listen to the post-Fields project Nefilim, album called "Zoon", it sounds like how "gothic metal" should actually sound imo...(i.e not gay)

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a fan of these guys for a loooooong time. The song above is where I got my user name. Moonspell used to pay tribute to them nightly when they came out all dusty looking, as FotN used to do. Another side project of the band was Rubicon.

Now I'm gonna be listening to these guys all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite song is "Shiva." Fields of the Nephilim are excellent both musically as well as aesthetically.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I appreciated the videos posted, thought it will take me a few listens to get into the vibe, I think. Still, I'll definitely be looking into them further.

bought an album many years back after just remembering the name from somewhere! it was totally crap and could just listen through it once and since then have just been collecting dust in my music shelf! dont bother with this!

You may find mourning sun is worth a listen. I think this is a beautiful album of musically layered dreamscapes. Though the only member of the original band on the album is the vocalist. Though it still maintains that distinct nephilim sound.

music and groove is decent though drawn out, vocals are not, no dynamics

some people like drawn out vocals, not sure what you mean by - no dynamics -
Some of the fotn themes are about summerian mythology and fallen angels - as in the book of enoch and this is reflected in their music so their music does have meaning to it.

^ You are correct, Crystal Dawn. That's what a Nephilim is, half/angel and half/human. According to some theologists, the Nephilim were told by God to never mate with human females. They failed.They had broken their honor and were disobedient. Now they were cursed to roam the earth without female physical love. Karl Sanders(singer)saw "Fields" of them. Hence, the title. This band reached a level of popularity and strong cult following in the early to mid-nineties. I like their style. Sanders might not have the greatest voice, but the expression and lyrics are well done. A good listen. Certainly worthy of your time.