Fields of the Nephilim

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
I only heard a couple of songs which sounded Joy Division ripp offs...
Someone likes Fields of the Nephilim? And what do you think of Joy Division?

i heard good comments about fields of the nephilim, so i downloaded (years ago) a couple of songs, i can't even remember the titles... but i must admit they didn't impress me that much. maybe i chose the wrong songs, but the mental image i get when i think about them is "boredom".

about joy division... my mind is a blank field (of the nephilim :tickled: ).

ahem *looks down*

Fields of the Nephilim - 'ELIZIUM'

...had a major influence on katatonia.
Also, it's an album u can't just download a song from and chekk out real quick on a sunny afternoon from yer daytime job cuz that wont justify any of its content. this album has to be listened all the way through in the right setting, or it most likely won't do anything for u.

that it would be better to listen to music in a proper setting, taking all the time and including every song in its context, it's pretty obvious.
the problem is it's often very difficult to have all the time in the world, thus you're forced to choose what to listen to, pick a song out of the bunch.

i'd be desperate if i knew all i'm missing going random, but it's just the best one can do, sometimes...

Fields o t Nephilim are the shit, Joy Division created the genre, Fields developed it into a beutiful/nightmarish art form. Listen to Elizium for starts, or check out the songs Psychonaut, Chord of Souls, Celebrate, For Her Light, and Sumerland.

I've been a fan of Fields of the Nephilim for a long time. If I'm in the right state for it, I'll play the shite out of them for weeks at a time. Elizium, The Nephilim, and Dawnrazor...all cool. I'm even named after one of the songs. Say my name, bitch!

haven't heard that much of Joy Division so far, so i for sure can't compare in a way some well grounded fans pretend they can, but to define Fields as just followers of the genre, is guite relative and meaningless.
The Nephilim - album i got first, by chance, in a second hand music shop and 'cause couple of friends recommended the band to me.
no way, no one can bring me over this kind of mood it's not unique "enough", the vocal parts are simply amazing ("shiver down mine spine" alike o_O ) .

Fields of the Nephilim is fantastic. A great gothic rock band in my opinion...if you wish to classify their music as gothic rock that is. Try the song 'Moonchild' and perhaps your opinions will change. These guys have been around since 1984 so I suppose its possible that Joy Division influenced them, but I personally never noticed the influence.

dolphz said:
Fields o t Nephilim are the shit, Joy Division created the genre, Fields developed it into a beutiful/nightmarish art form. Listen to Elizium for starts, or check out the songs Psychonaut, Chord of Souls, Celebrate, For Her Light, and Sumerland.
No one said that FOTN created the genre. When they lauched their first cd, the genre was way advanced. JD for me are like the pre-father of the genre, they begun as a punk band and ended with some near gothic style cd, but the "real" father of gothic music is Bauhaus. And you can say that FOTN is a pre-father of the gothic metal. They were an influence to a lot of metal bands that begun a new genre, gothic metal.