Eloy

Nov 9, 2005
I know quite a few people here (including Mikael) are crazy about progressive rock.
I was at the record store a few days ago looking in the sales bin with my friend and I found this odd looking cd and picked it up and took a glance at the back and straight away I thought this has to be a progressive rock band, and my assumption was correct, but my friend only had $10(NZD) and this cd was $8 and I really was considering getting this but he said that he would and I just felt bad if I hogged all the great finds.. but I should've fucking claimed it because it was great! The album was Silent Cries and Mighty Echos by Eloy.
I thought after he got it that I could just buy it myself if I liked it that much.... so far.. no luck in finding it anywhere else.
I truly found out what it means to find a gem in the sales bin...but unfortunately didn't purchase this one.
Anyone else into progressive rock heard this group,
If so what do you think?

I am a big prog fan, never heard of Eloy. I had a quick listen to one of the cd's on the amason site and an initial reaction is that it is very like Barclay James Harvest ish....
Not really my kind of thing.
Like prog, try flower kings

i dont know many "big prog fans" which havent heard of eloy, who were basically the pink floyd of germany.

anyway, for someone who hadnt heard the band, that was probably the best release to pick up, so good job. if you like them, definitely check out triumvirat. pretty similar, but a bit more of a symphonic edge and not quite as psychadelic.

compared to what? but no, i was simply commenting on your illogical statments and questionable taste. height really has nothing to do with this mr largehuge[/QUOTE]
How is the fact that I do like one prog band but not another illogical. Do you like all metal?
Questionable taste, maybe, wouldn't have it any other way, but still love Opeth, but certainly not all other metal bands.

Ken Lyall said:
compared to what? but no, i was simply commenting on your illogical statments and questionable taste. height really has nothing to do with this mr largehuge
How is the fact that I do like one prog band but not another illogical. Do you like all metal?
Questionable taste, maybe, wouldn't have it any other way, but still love Opeth, but certainly not all other metal bands.[/quote]

umm, i think youre missing the point here. Im implying that its like the progressive rock equivilent of saying you hate opeth but love children of bodom.

trust me, i dont think many people on this forum would think that i like everything...in fact, im sure most think i hate everything. i simply found your liking of a crap band in lieu of a quality band pretty interesting...get it?

trust me, i dont think many people on this forum would think that i like everything...in fact, im sure most think i hate everything. i simply found your liking of a crap band in lieu of a quality band pretty interesting...get it?[/QUOTE]

Ok, peace man. Simply, you don't like the flower kings, thats cool.

I think Eloy is one of the best german bands from the 70's... I love them. Specially "Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes", because I think is their most complete album. I love every song included on it... ¡The bassist, Klaus-Peter Matziol, is outstanding!

In my opinion the trilogy "Dawn", "Ocean" and "Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes" should be heared by every 70's prog lover. Great stuff, really.

I enjoy eloy alot. Another German band thats been owning me lately has been Kraan.