ANDROMEDA! Ah god i love this band

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
I found out about this band by sheer luck right before their debut in 2000 or so and absolutly fell in love with their sound! They're sort of heavy Prog metal, but with GOOD vocals not the crap ones. Too bad the guy they had on the album (Lawrence Mackory) was only a session guy because he fit the band perfectly IMHO. Apparently they are rereleasing the album with a new singer. Anyway yeah i pulled out the CD Extension Of The Wish today after not hearing it for a couple months and was blown away all over again! Here's some sound clips if you haven't heard the band. If these don't work their MP3 site (not THIERS, but their label WAR MUSIC's) is http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/288/war3.html

http://play.mp3.com/cgi-bin/play/pl...wYtK18SrjZc07mxkM-/Andromeda__In_The_Deep.mp3

http://play.mp3.com/cgi-bin/play/pl....CD0q_.pgqjiFKtsc-/Andromeda__Cresendo_Of.mp3

LOVE this stuff...

LOVE the music, but I think I need some
time to get used to the vocals... I want
growls! hehe... >:eek:P

I'll download some more songs by the
band, and maybe I'll get more into it,
cause the music is brilliant :eek:)

Anyone else getting Guitarist Johan Reinholdz death project called nonexist? I hope that this cd is in my mailbox when I get home today.

he has such a UNIQUE tone too! it almost sounds electronic. And yeah he already is my hero. And i hope to get the NonExist album too, i have heard 2 tracks off it and it sounds GOOD. In fact i decided today to work to learn the entire album Extension Of The Wish... i'll see you all in 10 years...

I bought Extension of the Wish a while ago and it really didn't impress me much so I filed it away and forgot about it. After reading your post I gave it another listen on my walkman on the way to work this morning. WOW! I guess listening with headphones makes a difference. What an amazing cd. I love it when you forget about something you already own and someone persuades you to give it another chance! Thanks.

By the way,I like Darkane's first cd, Rusted Angel, so much better than Insanity. As a matter of fact, I think Soilwork's first, Steelbath Suicide, is by far their best album also. The moral of the story, Andromeda better not release a second CD;) !

Hmmm....I didn't know about "Nonexist" Anyone else of significance in the band? Which songs should I sample? I alwasys ask this question b/c I have limited time and a slow ass modem.:mad:

guess who just ordered the cd?! :D

ow yeah...

unless that damn company won't allow people under 18 to order online... if that's the case then Ï'll mail 'em and chew 'em out..

I didn't think I'd find it on a Norwegian store site ;)

Bumblefoot, you won't stop promoting this great band will you? ;) Well, for good reason, I love this band as well, and I picked up their CD in MA when I was in Berklee a few months ago for 99 cents! in the bargain bin :headbang:

Originally posted by Poison Godmachine
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I must get it aswell! THorns, were there anymore in there? I live not far from Boston.

There was just one, and my roomate and I flipped a coin on who would buy it...hehe I won. Best damn buck I've ever spent.