I LOVE THIS BAND!!!!

Sorrell

APT Guitarist/vocalist
Jan 3, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.myspace.com
The band is called Eluveitie (pronounced El-oo-vay-tee). They are from Switzerland, but they are a Celtic, folk, death metal band. I've never imagined an amalgam of those elements, but I absolutely love this band!

Not since I found the Finnish love metal band HIM, have I been so instantly affected by a band.

Be warned, they're not for those who demand pretty voices and hair-metal riffs. These guys (and gals) are the real deal.

http://www.myspace.com/eluveitie

SRS

I was a bit skeptical when Sorrell told me about these guys. I was totally preparing for what could possibly be a really bad combination of Charlotte Church meets Dethlehem. But.....

It totally works! The music truly is a combination of ethereal, floating pipes and flutes with crushing heavy riffs and vocals. You wouldn't think that it would sound good but by Odin it does:headbang::headbang:

I look forward to hearing more of these guys!

~B

I will have to see them on their insane tour , did you see their schedule , Boardwalk in Sac and Metal fest in S. Cal, I love the sound they have , Ecclectic Celtic Progressive Metal....or ECPM for short, great find Steve

Dang it Sorrell! I just got all my music organized on my computer now I have to add this one! :headbang:

Thanks.........many thanks for this recommendation it's sooo.... beautiful in a metal head kinda way! :headbang::worship:kickass:

Most would wonder having anything to do with the word "Folk" but they would be seriously wrong. :lol:

I will have to see them on their insane tour , did you see their schedule , Boardwalk in Sac and Metal fest in S. Cal, I love the sound they have , Ecclectic Celtic Progressive Metal....or ECPM for short, great find Steve

At one point in the tour they play 22 nights back to back. All in different towns too. Now THAT's a tour. Whewww :headbang:

Dang it Sorrell! I just got all my music organized on my computer now I have to add this one! :headbang:

Thanks.........many thanks for this recommendation it's sooo.... beautiful in a metal head kinda way! :headbang::worship:kickass:

Most would wonder having anything to do with the word "Folk" but they would be seriously wrong. :lol:

:lol: I can hardly wait for the new record to come out. Their first one is available on Itunes (that's how I bought it), and the new one comes out in March (in the US). I'm really excited about this band.

They are playing in Sacramento on by birthday in May, so I know exactly where I'll be! :headbang:

SRS

hrm....figures, they're nowhere near me. definitely need to get the cd though.

hiya jax. :) figured i'd make the token appearance...or something like that.

woohoo! wow you're aiming high with that brass estimate. maybe you should shoot for pewter?
would that be higher or lower? we'll guess higher. brass tarnishes.

hiya steve. :)

Wow, 8 members? The first Death Metal Symphony? Call the folks from The Guinness Book. Steve, who is the Key Grip, and who is the Best Boy? Or do they assign one person per drum and one does the chords on the guitar while the other strums...

Wow, 8 members? The first Death Metal Symphony? Call the folks from The Guinness Book. Steve, who is the Key Grip, and who is the Best Boy? Or do they assign one person per drum and one does the chords on the guitar while the other strums...

The guy with the big hands is the Grip, and the guy with the "pretty mouth" is the Best Boy. That'd be my guess. :lol:

SRS

I'm not real big on death vocals, but this wasn't an achey type, it sounded genuine and quite fitting. Really nice celtic touch too!! I'll have to check 'em out a little more.

Hey they come to Portland!