ELUVEITIE Pulls Out Of 'Paganfest America: Part II' Tour

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Swiss folk band ELUVEITIE has been forced to pull out of the "PaganFest America: Part II" tour, which is scheduled to kick off in late April in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Commented the tour organizers: "We've decided that it would be wiser to wait for the band to return in the fall since they've already played during Paganfest America 2008's touring cycle. On the bright side, ELUVEITIE will return on a new tour we are currently working on (yes…we're working on something very cool for this fall) where ELUVEITIE will play an acoustic and a full metal set and it will be worth the wait. With this being said, we have increased the playing times of all the bands on Paganfest America and whether you come for your favorite or for all of the bands, you will get the set time you and the bands deserve!"

"Paganfest America: Part II" will featured Finland's folk freaks KORPIKLAANI as the headliners, Ireland's PRIMORDIAL, Finland's MOONSORROW, Canada's BLACKGUARD (formerly known as PROFUGUS MORTIS) and straight off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, New Jersey's crazy pirate metal drunks SWASHBUCKLE as the opening party-starters throughout the tour.

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 28 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON
Apr. 29 - Le Medley - Montreal, QC
Apr. 30 - Imperial - Quebec City, QC
May 01 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
May 02 - Crocodile Rock Café - Allentown, PA
May 03 - Jaxx- Springfield, VA
May 04 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
May 05 - Peabody’s - Cleveland, OH
May 06 - The Mad Hatter - Covington, KY (Near Cincinnati, OH)
May 07 - Chicago Powerfest (at The Pearl Room) - Mokena, IL
May 08 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
May 09 - The Zoo - Winnipeg, MB
May 10 - The Exchange - Regina, SK
May 11 - Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB
May 12 - Warehouse - Calgary, AB
May 13 - The Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, BC
May 14 - Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
May 15 - Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
May 16 - DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA
May 17 - House of Blues - Hollywood, CA
May 18 - The Jumping Turtle - San Marcos, CA (near San Diego, CA)

Some girl was talking about this on the Paganfest myspace but I thought she was just being stupid. But this is great news. I love Eluveitie but I was so pissed they were so high up on the bill and they needed to give more bands another chance this time around. Hopefully Moonsorrow will get an hour now. Hell yeah!

Now we just need an Atlanta date :mad:

Hey man, first of all - how do you pronounce the band's name?

Eluveitie is a name in Gaulish language, which is an ancient Celtic language. Since it's not a living language anymore, nobody really knows how it's pronounced like. All we have today of this language is scientific reconstruction and in today's science it's pronounced as "El-Vey-Ti", but really, it's hard to know.

http://www.metalist.co.il/InterviewPrivate.asp?id=291&lang=eng

Another tour not coming to Georgia. I hate. Maybe if Chicago Powerfest signs an awesome headliner for saturday.....

More Primordial is a good thing. :kickass:

Hopefully Moonsorrow will get an hour now.

I would guess they go from 30 minutes to 45 minutes now. They will probably add an extra local to the shows.

Maybe if Chicago Powerfest signs an awesome headliner for saturday.....

I think you mean Friday. They moved Devildriver to the Saturday night headliner.

mëtålspëd;8120005 said:
Hey man, first of all - how do you pronounce the band's name?

Eluveitie is a name in Gaulish language, which is an ancient Celtic language. Since it's not a living language anymore, nobody really knows how it's pronounced like. All we have today of this language is scientific reconstruction and in today's science it's pronounced as "El-Vey-Ti", but really, it's hard to know.

http://www.metalist.co.il/InterviewPrivate.asp?id=291&lang=eng

Actually, Rafi Kirdir, their former bass player, told me it's pronounced "El-WAY-Tee."

And this news of their departure from the line-up is actually good news. Now it's a fresher tour and, as someone already noted, maybe they'll let Moonsorrow play longer. Or Primordial. Or they'll add another really cool band to the line-up.

Any way you slice it, I'm stoked.

Bill

THERE WILL BE NO ATLANTA DATE

"On to another update: below are the final date additions to the tour.
It is very difficult to get all these fine bands to commit at the right time frames to tour. This year we had to make it a short run because of the bands conflicting schedules. It wasn’t a preference of any kind, just logistics. We will try our best in the future to make this tour go everywhere!"

Sucks...but I'll be in Kentucky or Virginia now I guess.

THERE WILL BE NO ATLANTA DATE

"On to another update: below are the final date additions to the tour.
It is very difficult to get all these fine bands to commit at the right time frames to tour. This year we had to make it a short run because of the bands conflicting schedules. It wasn’t a preference of any kind, just logistics. We will try our best in the future to make this tour go everywhere!"

Sucks...but I'll be in Kentucky or Virginia now I guess.

The Kentucky date is right near Cleveland.. so 7 hours away or so from me...

Lame. They should have thought of that sooner. I don't care what band it is, but backing out of a tour after agreeing to it and confirming with promoters across the country is really sh*tty business. Promoters buy the whole package, and it shouldn't change thereafter save for a really good reason. Deciding it's not worth it because they already did Paganfest and want to tour later is not a good reason when a commitment was already made. This kind of thing bothers the hell out of me. What a lame-ass reason to pull out of a tour that's already being paid for and advertised by the promoters who put up good money for this show.

Lame. They should have thought of that sooner. I don't care what band it is, but backing out of a tour after agreeing to it and confirming with promoters across the country is really sh*tty business. Promoters buy the whole package, and it shouldn't change thereafter save for a really good reason. Deciding it's not worth it because they already did Paganfest and want to tour later is not a good reason when a commitment was already made. This kind of thing bothers the hell out of me. What a lame-ass reason to pull out of a tour that's already being paid for and advertised by the promoters who put up good money for this show.

It wasn't Eluveitie's choice, it was the tour organizers. See quote from the band below:

Meanwhile, Eluveitie have issued the following explanation about their cancellation:

"We would like to make clear that this was in no way the decision of the band and that we all were looking forward to do this tour a lot. Also we are working on a replacement tour within 2009 where we'll hopefully also be able to play a special showcase featuring songs off our upcoming acoustic release Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion (due April 11th). We will be back for sure 'cause you guys truly rock and we did not forget the warm welcome we've received on Paganfest I & Death By Decibels!"

It wasn't Eluveitie's choice, it was the tour organizers. See quote from the band below:

Meanwhile, Eluveitie have issued the following explanation about their cancellation:

"We would like to make clear that this was in no way the decision of the band and that we all were looking forward to do this tour a lot. Also we are working on a replacement tour within 2009 where we'll hopefully also be able to play a special showcase featuring songs off our upcoming acoustic release Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion (due April 11th). We will be back for sure 'cause you guys truly rock and we did not forget the warm welcome we've received on Paganfest I & Death By Decibels!"

Regardless of who it was, someone pulled a dick move by not thinking of this sooner, whether the band or the tour organizers. That quote takes the heat off the band but doesn't change the situation at all. Eluveitie were a pretty big draw for this tour (mostly based off the great reviews of their performance on the first Paganfest) but hopefully it can still be just as successful as anticipated. Until then, commence with the contract renogotiations. :bah:

They are a good band, I like them, but I think the bigger draw is the mighty, mighty Primordial. This trek to the states is looooong overdue for them. And Korpiklaani have now solidified themselves in the genre. As far as Eluveitie, it could be a very strategic move letting the anticipation build some more for a later appearance in the year.

Regardless of who it was, someone pulled a dick move by not thinking of this sooner, whether the band or the tour organizers. That quote takes the heat off the band but doesn't change the situation at all. Eluveitie were a pretty big draw for this tour (mostly based off the great reviews of their performance on the first Paganfest) but hopefully it can still be just as successful as anticipated. Until then, commence with the contract renogotiations. :bah:

I know what you mean, TZ. Tickets have been on sale for a while. Some people may have bought them just to see Eluveitie. For them to pull out -- for no good reason, it seems -- is unprofessional. Tarnishes their reputation a bit.

I enjoyed Eluveitie last year. But that was mostly because of Rafi and Sevan Kirder. Without them in the line-up, my interest in the band has dropped to near zero -- especially after I heard their latest song, "Omnos," which has an incredibly commercial vibe to it. Strangely, even though it's obviously someone's idea of a hit song, they didn't sing in English, which would have given the song legs, letting it walk far beyond their home country. (What language is that? French? SwissGerman? I can't tell.)

Bottom line: Even though their pulling out is the epitome of unprofessional, I won't shed any tears. I'm with Zod. Bring on extended sets with Moonsorrow and Primordial!

Bill

Bottom line: Even though their pulling out is the epitome of unprofessional, I won't shed any tears. I'm with Zod. Bring on extended sets with Moonsorrow and Primordial!

Bill[/QUOTE]

Here is the latest posting from Korpiklaani:

Finland's KORPIKLAANI have checked in with the following update:

"With the addition of The Jumping Turtle – San Marcos, CA on May 18th the Paganfest tour is complete. The playing time for all bands has increased. Although we regret that our friends from ELUVEITIE cannot take part in this tour anymore, we plan to make a huge party of our first tour in the States and Canada.

We are looking forward to cross the Atlantic and meet all of you! See you soon!"

Korpiklaani