'PaganFest America: Part II': First Dates Announced

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
"PaganFest America: Part II" will include Finland's folk freaks KORPIKLAANI as the headliners, Switzerland's ELUVEITIE, Ireland's PRIMORDIAL, Finland's MOONSORROW, Canada's BLACKGUARD (formerly known as PROFUGUS MORTIS) and straight off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, New Jersey's crazy pirate metal drunks SWASHBUCKLE as the opening party-starters throughout the tour.

The first confirmed dates are as follows:

Apr. 28 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON
Apr. 29 - Medley – Montreal, QC
Apr. 30 - Imperial - Quebec City, QC
May 01 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
May 04 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
May 07 - Chicago Powerfest - Chicago, IL
May 08 - The Lab - St. Paul, MN

Need moar!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That's the same night as Volbeat and Nightwish in Hartford.

Why is it that when we finally get a good show in the area, we have to have two on the same freaking night?

Ugh.

Here's to hoping that Korpakaani will do a one off in Hartford!

-Metal

This >>>>>>>>> Nightwish

Honestly, Nightwish tours the US all the time.

This is Korkiplaani and Moonsorrow's first US tour.

This is a respectable bill for a US tour, Korpiklaani, Eluveitie, and the mighty, mighty, Primordial!

Still no Atlanta date.... :( I am sure it will come but I am bracing for disappointment.

Man...last year I was all ready to travel to Florida (one of the rumored dates...never happened) or Jaxx and was getting ready to figure out how to skip school and looking at airfare rates...plus who was going with me.

Then at the last minute, they added Atlanta. I still remember that day...I screamed so loud and was so happy I think I almost had a seizure :p

mëtålspëd;7967262 said:
Ugh.... the Paganfest overlapped with the NEMHF last year.... looks like it will again. Boo to that.

Apparently NEMHF is April 17 & 18 this year. That's what they're thinking over on the NEMHF myspace board, anyways. I guess The Haunted are booked Friday, and then Saturday is the Lamb of God tour & some other tour. I really hate that festival, but god damn do I want to see The Haunted again...

Apparently NEMHF is April 17 & 18 this year. That's what they're thinking over on the NEMHF myspace board, anyways. I guess The Haunted are booked Friday, and then Saturday is the Lamb of God tour & some other tour. I really hate that festival, but god damn do I want to see The Haunted again...

I really don't get how a "major" fest like this only announces things 3 months or less prior to the date, especially after all these years of it running. Between people traveling, needing time off, and hotel reservations, it seems extremely inconvenient. I guess they know they'll easily get all the regulars from the Mass area. If I didn't already hate the setup of it (taking good tours and giving those bands 30 minutes or less ala Paganfest last year), I'd likely be annoyed about not having much time to make my plans, especially if the PFII date did coincide with NEMHF since I've already planned on attending the NW/Volbeat CT show for several months now.

+1 hoping they add some southern dates!

I’m not too thrilled about Korp as the headliner – that polka-based folk sound gets on my nerves pretty fast. Definitely love Eluveitie and Moonsorrow. Haven’t heard Primordial, BlackGuard, or Swashbuckle before, but I’ll definitely have to look them up soon.

Cryin’ shame there aren’t more of the epic-folk style bands like I missed last time – would have liked to see Turisas, Inseferum, or Wintersun included. Maybe doesn’t quite fit the bill – I dunno…

The only band I'm crazy about on that lineup is Primordial. Eluveitie is okay, but beyond the cool celtic/old world instruments the songs are pretty boring, typical melodic death metal to me. I would pay to see Primordial, though. The Gathering Wilderness and To the Nameless Dead are great albums.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That's the same night as Volbeat and Nightwish in Hartford.

Why is it that when we finally get a good show in the area, we have to have two on the same freaking night?

Ugh.

Here's to hoping that Korpakaani will do a one off in Hartford!

-Metal
OR
You come down and catch it with me on the 4th at Irving Plaza. ;)