ELUVEITIE Pulls Out Of 'Paganfest America: Part II' Tour

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
THESE ARE ALSO THE FINAL DATES. NO MORE WILL BE ADDED.

Swiss folk band ELUVEITIE has been forced to pull out of the "PaganFest America: Part II" tour, which is scheduled to kick off in late April in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Commented the tour organizers: "We've decided that it would be wiser to wait for the band to return in the fall since they've already played during Paganfest America 2008's touring cycle. On the bright side, ELUVEITIE will return on a new tour we are currently working on (yes…we're working on something very cool for this fall) where ELUVEITIE will play an acoustic and a full metal set and it will be worth the wait. With this being said, we have increased the playing times of all the bands on Paganfest America and whether you come for your favorite or for all of the bands, you will get the set time you and the bands deserve!"

"Paganfest America: Part II" will featured Finland's folk freaks KORPIKLAANI as the headliners, Ireland's PRIMORDIAL, Finland's MOONSORROW, Canada's BLACKGUARD (formerly known as PROFUGUS MORTIS) and straight off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, New Jersey's crazy pirate metal drunks SWASHBUCKLE as the opening party-starters throughout the tour.

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 28 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON
Apr. 29 - Le Medley - Montreal, QC
Apr. 30 - Imperial - Quebec City, QC
May 01 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
May 02 - Crocodile Rock Café - Allentown, PA
May 03 - Jaxx- Springfield, VA
May 04 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
May 05 - Peabody’s - Cleveland, OH
May 06 - The Mad Hatter - Covington, KY (Near Cincinnati, OH)
May 07 - Chicago Powerfest (at The Pearl Room) - Mokena, IL
May 08 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
May 09 - The Zoo - Winnipeg, MB
May 10 - The Exchange - Regina, SK
May 11 - Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB
May 12 - Warehouse - Calgary, AB
May 13 - The Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, BC
May 14 - Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
May 15 - Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
May 16 - DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA
May 17 - House of Blues - Hollywood, CA
May 18 - The Jumping Turtle - San Marcos, CA (near San Diego, CA)

Some girl was talking about this on the Paganfest myspace but I thought she was just being a dumb bitch. But this is great news. I love Eluveitie but I was so pissed they were so high up on the bill and they needed to give more bands another chance this time around. Hopefully Moonsorrow will get an hour now. Hell yeah!

Now we just need more dates. :kickass:

but they totally should

doesnt look like im gonna see this one. no denver date, and i'll be TDY for the SF date...
~gR~

THESE ARE THE FINAL DATES

On to another update: below are the final date additions to the tour.
It is very difficult to get all these fine bands to commit at the right time frames to tour. This year we had to make it a short run because of the bands conflicting schedules. It wasn’t a preference of any kind, just logistics. We will try our best in the future to make this tour go everywhere!

Roadtrip to Kentucky or Virginia for me

still idiots for skipping colorado, texas, new mexico, utah, arizona, etc etc...

the tour skipped an entire region of the country...
~gR~

a region that needs it more than any. where there is a strong culture, there is always a strong counter culture. and having lived and traveled through alot of those states, i can tell you they ALL have pretty cool metal scenes. especially texas and utah.

those fan get shit from faggot churches and they need these shows to come through
~gR~

dude i'm sorry but the midwest needs it more

the midwest is a fucking fun sucking vacuum of sorts. NOTHING TO DO. EVER.

i think its safe to say they skipped a ton of great scenes. i understand time issues. but oregon over denver and san antonio?
~gR~

With this being said, we have increased the playing times of all the bands on Paganfest America
More time for Moonsorrow hopefully:kickass:

As far as Eleuvetite(probably spelled it wrong, retarded band name anyway) pulling off the tour is a good thing for me. Could never get into those guys. I will be attending the Mokena show since i went to it last year and had a blast.