Eluveitie

They for sure were the surprise of the first Paganfest and were amazing! However, like others have said once those brothers left they just don't have that "it" factor anymore. The new album sucks too. I'm all for experimentation and such, but they need to realize who their fans are -- metal fans. I would've had no problems with them doing the occasional unplugged song but with them having a full album of stuff like that is just a mistake and so it feels more like a world album than anything else.

I think it's not even that it's all acoustic, but more that there are only really 2 actual songs on the whole album. The rest of it is just background music I imagine I'd hear with a bunch of stoned druids around a campfire. Kinda neat, in terms of setting up atmosphere, but not something I'd actually buy.

That Marduk show definitely has good support. Nachtmystium, Merrimack, and Mantic Ritual. Probably my most anticipated metal show of the fall. Also that Vader tour is rolling through here in December, and Baroness and Torche are coheadlining with Pig Destroyer and Iron Age as support. And of course that Gojira/Burst/Zoroaster/Scale the Summit tour, and Satyricon/Toxic Holocaust.

Oh yeah, I saw the P:rofl:x tour. Might check that out. Baroness are pretty sexy.

Don't care about the Satyricon show...I've seen them before, but that show has Bleeding Through, and I will not sit through it. Plus I'll be nowhere near Atlanta the day of that one.

But who's the support with the Vader tour? I'll think about it if it's good. I've seen Vader like 4 times, so it's no super important to me.

I saw them on the Kataklysm tour and pretty much was bored watching them. After an amzing set on the first Paganfest.....this was a huge disappointment.

I didnt like the newest disc at all. It was thier pure folk disc....which I thought I would really like....but didnt.

I cant stand Blackguard. Vreid are just OK. Windir was much better....I was lucky to see them live too....who were great live.

Wait...what? You saw Windir? When and where? Here in America? Or overseas? Goddamn. They are probably my favorite black metal band...I love everything about what Valfar was doing in that band.

Oh yeah, I saw the P:rofl:x tour. Might check that out. Baroness are pretty sexy.

Don't care about the Satyricon show...I've seen them before, but that show has Bleeding Through, and I will not sit through it. Plus I'll be nowhere near Atlanta the day of that one.

But who's the support with the Vader tour? I'll think about it if it's good. I've seen Vader like 4 times, so it's no super important to me.

Ah yeah I've only seen Vader once and that was a short set on Summer Slaughter a few years ago, so I can't wait to see them again. They're coming through with Decrepit Birth, Augury, Warbringer, The Amenta, and SWWAATS.

I don't think they are band bands, but it seems like Decrepit Birth and Warbringer are on every tour. Jesus. Still...The Amenta and Augury: pretty sexy. I might have to check this out.

I was fully prepared to loathe the new Eluveitie album, Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion. The song "Omnos" sounded light-weight and poppy.

But I bought the album and...

...was completely blown away. In my opinion, Evocation I is a very mature, creative album. It is in another league from their previous works, a giant step forward.

I absolutely love Evocation I. I didn't know Eluveitie had it in them.

Bill

Wait...what? You saw Windir? When and where? Here in America? Or overseas? Goddamn. They are probably my favorite black metal band...I love everything about what Valfar was doing in that band.

I'd guess he saw Windir at one of the Milwaukee Metal Fests. I think they were there in 2003.

Vreid has also performed in North America. They were one of the headliners at Heathen Crusade II. That show was in 2007 in St Paul, MN.

I was fully prepared to loathe the new Eluveitie album, Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion. The song "Omnos" sounded light-weight and poppy.

But I bought the album and...

...was completely blown away. In my opinion, Evocation I is a very mature, creative album. It is in another league from their previous works, a giant step forward.

I absolutely love Evocation I. I didn't know Eluveitie had it in them.

Bill

Glad I'm not the only one!