Elvenking-Heathenreel

Man, all I have to say is WOW! I purchase about 3 albums a week and this one for sure is the most amazing I have bought in a long time.If you dont know, this band mixes Melodic Power Metal with Folk.It probably sounds kind of dumb and confusing but this is an album EVERY Metal fan should purchase.It is their debut album and man I just got it and I am terribly hoping they somehow do not stop making music or whatever cause I already cant wait for their next album.They are kind of weird mixing women vocalists kind of like Sarah Jezebel Deva of filth.Also their guitarist, Jarpen also has some parts with growling vocals.The lead vocalist, Damnagoras has an outstanding voice in which i do not get tired of like some other power metal bands.Out of the eleven tracks on this album there is really no horrible ones.I really dont like goin through all the tracks but for this album I will.It starts off with an intro(To Oak Woods Bestowed).Kind of sounds like Black Metal but its just like flutes and picolos and such.....Then it kicks into a song called "Pagan Purity" which is a great song with good vocals.Following that is "The Dweller of Rhymes".This is a quick-paced heavy metal basher with good leads and also outstanding vocals.Track 4 is called "Regality Dance".Its like a slow folk dancing song which kicks into distortion which sounds pretty corny but actually quite meaningful.After that is "White Willow" and it starts off like a basic Power Metal song with good leads and such but other than that its a good song.Then "Skywards" is the next song.This also a slow song with good acoustic parts which I see often with this album.Yet another great song."Oakenshield" is the next song.It kind of sounds weird but kicks into acoustic and back and forth and has a pretty good chorus.This was the track off of their demo."Hobs an' Feathers" is the next track and its quite a short song but one of my favorites.It is also a nice track that fills in this album.Then "Conjuring of the 14th" which is a kind of different song as it starts off and then kicks in with little cool keyboard parts.Later in the song it kicks into acoustic parts again which sound god-like with Damnagras' vocals.Track 10 is "A Dreadful Strain",not one of my favorites but is still a filling song.The last track "Seasonspeech" starts off with a violin playing a catchy lick like part with the guitar following it.Then when this song begins it has like four different parts of four different people singing and all I have to say is that it sounds damn amazing!My favorite song on the album def.I love when there are female vocalists kind of singing and humming in the background.Well all I have to say is BUY THIS ALBUM!!!!!!! I would rate this a 9.5/10 which is high for my ratings.But god damn please do me the favor of buying it or at least checking it out! Let the Metal Flow! Hail!