My review on: Fear Factory's "Mechanize"

JGMetalhead

Anti-humorizing DL Whore
Mar 22, 2009
New Jersey
---*Album Rating* 95%---

---Overview---
Finally after five long years the great Fear Factory of the industrial metal world is back with much more to show. Sorry Transgression, get out of the way and make way for MECHANIZE. Can I get a HELL YEA or am I going to have to slap this album in front of your face and get that HELL YEA. Yea that’s what I thought. So lets forget about Transgression, which by the way was quite a mediocre release after a few tracks. This is probably going to be on my top 20 for next year or possibly close to it. Maybe might even make top ten. But this album is fantastic in so many ways despite the longevity of the last track. Good job Fear Factory and any of you fans out there, industrial metal listeners, rock listeners, metal heads, or whatever, definitely get this or give it some listens. You will most absolutely not be disappointed. I guarantee it.

---Track Rating---

- (+1) – Track 1 – Mechanize -
An introduction starts it off with the perception of a war going on since there seems to be some kind of gun fire. Then the song kicks in with quick and speedy riffs. Keeps good consistency that drags nicely. Great stuff so far, quite surprised.

- (+1) – Track 2 – Industrial Discipline - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jthda5IyABE&feature=related[/ame]
Starts out with riffs with the drums blasting in such as your usual metal songs. Very well made and quite consistent. This is exactly what I want out of Fear Factory so far.

- (+1) – Track 3 – Fear Campaign -
This song starts off with some kind of windy distortion and then the song kicks in a little after. Still great, keep up the good work.

- (+1) – Track 4 – Powershifter -
Starts right off. Again great stuff. I am really loving this so far.

- (+1) – Track 5 – Christploitation -
Starts off with some mechanical effects along with a piano melody. This then builds up nicely and goes straight to the madness. Once again… GREAT STUFF!

- (+1) – Track 6 – Oxidizer -
Another great song right here. Enough said.

- (+1) – Track 7 – Controlled Demolition -
Once again… Good stuff.

- (+1) – Track 8 – Designing The Enemy - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIZTFUbxu5E&feature=related[/ame]
Another great song, also probably a bit more soothing than the other ones thus far.

- (+1) – Track 9 – Metallic Division -
A nice short piece right here. Less than two minutes which probably means its an introduction to the next song but still great.

- (+1) – Track 10 – Final Exit -
And here we are, the final song of the album followed by a bonus track. Final Exit, hence the last song name of the album “Final”. The remaining drag goes a bit much on for another 4 minutes which kind of left me waiting for the album to end after all the singing and what have you stopped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the CD Tuesday and gotta say...it doesn't quite live up to the hype. Is it good, yes. Do I like it, yes. Is it the best Fear Factory CD, no. Does it sound fresh and break new ground, no. Do the drums sound too processed/triggered, yes. Is Mechanize as good as Demanufacture or Obsolete, no. Is it as good as Archetype and Digimortal, yes.
Mechanize seems more straight forward and aggressive with less melody then we've come to expect from Fear Factory.
I'll give it a B+.