Evile cover Nirvana song

metallica144

Lammendam
Apr 13, 2010
Holland
Evile will be covering Lounge Act - Nirvana for ‎"Nirvana-Nevermind Anniversary Issue of KERRANG!''. This whole album will be covered, every song by another band.

edit: sorry for the lack of info, but the only info i got so far is from 2 twitter messages

i found the entire tracklist:

1. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Arcane Roots
2. In Bloom – Framing Hanley
3. Come As You Are – Deaf Havana
4. Breed – Rise to Remain
5. Lithium – Francesqa
6. Polly – Young Guns
7. Territorial Pissings – The Dillinger Escape Plan
8. Drain You – Kids in Glass Houses
9. Lounge Act – Evile
10. Stay Away – The Blackout
11. On a Plain – Frank Turner
12. Something in the Way – Spy Catcher
13. Endless Nameless – Dangerous!
14. Sliver – We are the Ocean [Bonus Track]

It's for the Nevermind 20th anniversary. Of all bands to participate, Evile is the last I'd have expected. Lounge Act is one of the best songs on the album though (and the most underrated) so it'll be... interesting to say the least. Genuinely surprised by this!

EDIT: Listening to the song makes me feel like I'm ten years old all over again haha. I can already guess how the cover is going to turn out, Matt could do those Cobain wails in a heartbeat. Bizarre occurance for the day goes to Evile.

Everyone knows that their best albums were In Utero and Bleach :lol: Seriously, good albums. Nevermind is good but it's one of those records that's so fucking overrated in the grand scheme of things - I hadn't listened to it in years until today. On A Plain is still a goddamn gem.

There was unique sounding stuff on Nirvana albums, some of it was too bizarre to actually get to people, which is why we're stuck with Smells Like Teen Spirit and In Bloom and so on...

I'll stick with Alice in Chains, I was never the biggest fan of Kurt Cobain. Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see how Evile cover them.

I thought Nevermind was a bit overrated too, I have nothing against Nirvana though.

Interesting that a band like Evile would do a cover of a Nirvana song

bleach is boss as hell, love me some early nirvana, some cool tracks on nevermind too
interested to see how this will turn out

I'll stick with Alice in Chains, I was never the biggest fan of Kurt Cobain. Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see how Evile cover them.

This. I'll take Alice (they're one of my favorite bands ever) and Soundgarden at anytime before Nirvana. Or Pearl Jam. Fuck Pearl Jam, they're only good to get chicks.

grunge isn't really my thing. I can listen to a few songs but then it's going to be not anymore listenable for me. But Evile covering a Nirvana song could be interesting!