Embarassing..

inabsentia

Old git-still rocking
Sep 3, 2004
Manchester
Just got back from tonights Bolton gig...and the header says it all...

BUT...absolutely NONE of that embarrasment belongs to the band-they did their bit and gave us 83 minutes of great entertainment. The embarrasment was that only about 50 people were there to see it..WHY?? It was only six quid in!! OK, Bolton isn't exactly the rock n roll capital of the world, but it's only a bus ride out of Manchester...I really, really don't understand why the crowd was so pitifully small.

Dear God! That is embarrassing! I can't believe that more people would not jump at the chance to see (IMHO) the best metal band on the planet! I was at the London gig and the turn-out was a bit disappointing there. Nevertheless, I had a great time and it was one of the best gigs I have seen Evergrey perform! If only I could have got time off work to follow 'em around the country....

To those that didn't bother to turn up, sod them all - I just feel sorry for the band!

Oh dear :-( Hopefully they'll play Donnington next year and the organisers will do the right thing and put them on the second stage (main stage if we had our way :) and they'll get more people interested!

only 50?!...dear god..
i don't know but i have feeling that when you have everything(concidering concerts) you dont' appreciate that much...nhf but 50 people for the big bend...c'mon...

is this EG`s first tour in England? sad thing for the band, but lets hope they have gained some new fans anyway...

is this EG`s first tour in England? sad thing for the band, but lets hope they have gained some new fans anyway...

To be honest, I doubt that they did- The few that were there were all well into it so were already 'converts'!! I wonder if a 'package' of bands- all of a similar stature but maybe different fan bases might have been a better idea as a first step into the UK- Maybe even opening for someone like Opeth would have opened them up to more 'new' fans.