Emeryville Area - Saturday before the show

Burke

Oct 14, 2002
South Florida
Hey - just figured I'd ask some of the local kind folk on here..... :dopey:

My buddy coming with me has never been to California before..... actually, I've only been there once last year for a few days for a conference but that was work related and did nothing but go from my hotel to the convention center next to the Staples Center so I really haven;t experienced it truthfully....

Anyway, we're staying at the Courtyard - Marriott on Shellmound Street in Emeryville and I was just curious what might be cool there in the immediate area to walk to and check out Saturday during the day before show-time. The site for the hotel lists things that are close by but I figured I'd ask some fellow Enchant fans who know the lay of the land around there... any suggestions are welcome! Thanks! :headbang:

Burke said:
Hey - just figured I'd ask some of the local kind folk on here..... :dopey:

My buddy coming with me has never been to California before..... actually, I've only been there once last year for a few days for a conference but that was work related and did nothing but go from my hotel to the convention center next to the Staples Center so I really haven;t experienced it truthfully....

Anyway, we're staying at the Courtyard - Marriott on Shellmound Street in Emeryville and I was just curious what might be cool there in the immediate area to walk to and check out Saturday during the day before show-time. The site for the hotel lists things that are close by but I figured I'd ask some fellow Enchant fans who know the lay of the land around there... any suggestions are welcome! Thanks! :headbang:

Goto Berkeley! Check Out Rasputin Records and Ameboa Music, best selections EVER (outside Amazon ;) ). Goto Fat slice pizza, 2.30 for a slice of pizza bigger than your face, and its DAM good. (all on Telegraph btw ;) :p )

Goto SF and check out the sites there, you just have to cross the bridge :p

Alcatraz was very cool. Going across the GG bridge and stopping off at the parking lot/monument on the Salusalito side was definitely scenic. Never been to North Beach. My buddy that lived in SF for a very short time said it is a good place. Any opinions? Last time I was in the area, I took a trip up to Napa, and that was very cool too. Maybe do two wineries if you can. Is Sonoma different? I heard it is a bit less glitzier than Napa, which is more my speed. Even though a lot people say Fisherman's Wharf is way too touristy, I still think going up to one of the seafood market stands and getting a sourdough bread bowl of chowder is pretty cool. Just some ideas from a tourist perspective.

Klondor speaks truth. Telegraph is a fairly quick cab or bus ride away. And for books, try Cody's or Shakespeare. If you're in the mood for a pre-Enchant piercing or tattoo, Zebra is a lovely place to get THAT quick high! That's all on Telegraph, too. Walking from Emeryville, there's a waterfront area with great views of the bay...you can follow the walkway along the water north to the Berkeley Marina area. On the way is an open air-type market/eatery called Seabreeze with a good assortment of food and drink, cheap and casual. This is such a great place to live!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Kristin
via Dragon (we're Vikings too! heritage, not lifestyle...:loco: )

A wee bit off topic, but: I'll be at the show on Saturday but I won't be doing the pre-show Friday night party... :erk: But the good news is that I will be doing my regular Friday night webcast! You can bet I will be playing way too much (for some maybe) Enchant! So if you are one of the poor unfortunates who couldn't get time off to fly, drive or crawl to Oakland on Saturday then please feel free to tune in to my show on Friday night for a heapin' helpin' of your favorite band!

The details:
The Dividingline Broadcast Network http://www.thedividingline.com
Critic's Carnival (9pm - Midnight Pacific Time)

See ya there!

Klondor - JJ - Viadragon

Thanks for all the input and cool suggestions - I truly appreciate it.
Pizza slice bigger than your face? Woo-hoo! And I want to try and check out those music stores and book stores - can always use more of both!

The waterfront sounds like a good photo-op for the digital camera.

Anyway, this time tomorrow morning I will be airborne and winging my way Westward. Still can't believe it! :loco: I am SO looking forward to this weekend, the show, meeting my feelow Enchanters.... everything.

See you all this weekend!

DAVE