EMG/Seymour Duncan Pots

plague_rider

Coffee
Nov 13, 2008
Newcastle
Before i start... i searched this and found like one posting in another forum, so i'm posting one here as i'm more likely to get some info from you guys...

I've got my own guitar and a friends guitar that i'm doing some maintenance on

For his Ibanez GRG i'm replacing the stock ibby bridge Pup with a Duncan-Invader

the pots in there now are 500K (V + T)

will the invader need a different ohmage pot??

until now i've simply installed using the same pots as are installed, but i want to know what improvements can be made using different pots, and if anyone has any diagrams for working out the ohmage needed, that would be greatly appreciated

i've also got my Ltd M-350, currently with 81|85 setup (soon to be 81|81) and without taking out the pots on that one i can't tell what ohmage they are... any suggestions as to what they should be?? (Also V + T)

thanks in advance guys

I'm headed to town now, gonna pick up two 25K pots for the LTD cause i know they originally shipped with passive Pups so i'll be replacing them later on today...

thanks again guys

EMG X-Series package includes active tone pot, same value (25k), but different type than volume, also has on-board buffer, so same setup can be used with passive pickups (tone pot is placed before volume), but active tone requires battery.