EMG Solderless Bus

Scissors61

Jul 18, 2007
Brighton, UK
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I've been trying to help my friend wire his new EMGs into his guitar, and we've stumbled across a bit of a problem in the fact that the EMG he already had in there has a normal soldered connection, but the new one he just bought has this "solderless bus" thing. While the solderless bus seems pretty convenient, I haven't a fucking clue how to wire it into a guitar with a standard-wired pickup.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

I've tried searching google but there doesn't seem to be much going on :S

Cheers.

y6e.jpg

judging from the image above (if thats the solderless one) i think you need to take out the current pots in the guitar and replace it with the new ones, as for the current pickup in the guitar you need to do a little hardware hacking to the pots and squeeze the wires between the plastic connection. the only thing i wouldn't know about is the pickup selector. i emailed EMG electronics in the past when i was looking for a schematic for wiring up my cort. they didn't have it on the website but within a few days they emailed me back with one that they got there tech guys to make. now that was a few years back before the solderless system. if you dont think you can do it then dont and try take it back to get a refund. as far as i know they still make the solder system for EMG pickups because some people like to use special solder mixes to effect tonality etc

its worth a try to drop them a message - hopefully they are as helpful now as they were in the past