EMG Announces Solderless Installation

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
EMG has unveiled the latest advancement in pickup technology, the solderless install. Beginning with their Pro Series pickguards and the new X-Series pickups, EMG will phase in the new components to existing products throughout 2009.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“A user friendly approach to the installation process is essential; not only for end-users but manufacturers as well.” says Rob Turner, founder and President of EMG Inc. “We have succeeded in simplifying the process of both installation and upgrading of pickups, putting the players in complete control. Now expanded to everything from pots, to input jacks, to pickups, this is the next generation of our quick-connect concept.”[/FONT]

Solderless20VErtical_0.jpg

Aren't the holes in guitars wayyy too small to get a quick connect through?

sorry if i'm being a 'tard

Joe

I had to cut a few wires and lengthen them to get mine to install on my ibanez. also, the battery thingy (as it is officially called) wouldnt fit through the hole, so i hade to cut and re solder that as well

IT IS ABOUT GODDAMN TIME, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST - soldering is so archaic, especially when you're not limited for space like in a control cavity!

Meh, I personally think it's a bit too much. The ultimate pickup laziness solution! Hehe. I have no problems soldering. Route wires, attach wires, tin solder tip, heat component, flow solder, done! Easy peeezy. I find that routing and wire placement can be a bitch sometimes, but soldering the real hard joints outside of the actual cavity helps.

-Joe